Chapter 9 - Nightmare

Reid's apartment looked exactly how you would imagine it to look. It gave off the whole professor mixed with old school writer vibes. From the green walls to the older looking furniture. The large shelves of books added to the whole aesthetic, and you knew he had read them all.

    "Make yourself at home," Reid went over to his shelves to put away the books he had brought with him.

You decided it would be a good idea to cook for the both of you since it was already getting late. Reid was offering his home to you for the night. When you opened the fridge to see what ingredients he had, there was barely anything in there. He had stuff for sandwiches and cereal but nothing to make a good dinner. Takeout it is. You and Reid sat on his couch and ate your Chinese food while watching movies on your laptop. He didn't have a tv in his apartment. You let him pick out a movie and he decided on one about King Arthur that he thought would be accurate. Instead, he would correct the mistakes they made in each scene.

    "That is not how the knights of the round table was formed," Spence sighed into his Chinese food.

"It's a movie. They wrote it that way to be more entertaining I guess," You laughed.

"This is why I prefer books," He sat his food down.

    "I'm sure there are more reasons," You rolled your eyes.

    Reid placed a kiss on your forehead making your face fluster.

"Spence, do you want to make us official? I mean we already act like a couple," He looked thrown off by the question.

    "I don't know how Hotch would react but then again Garcia did have an office relationship," Reid smiled one of his soft smiles.

    "You act like our job happens to be profiling, they all see it," You laugh.

    You two made your relationship official the night you had come back from a pretty traumatic case. The same date you and your team captured a serial killer that stalked you is the same day Reid became your boyfriend. It's an odd thing to think about but then again you work as an FBI agent and you never know what the next day, or hour for that matter, holds. You and Reid continued watching movies until you nearly passed out against his shoulder. Reid let you sleep in his bed and he insisted on sleeping on the couch. He wanted to take things slow and make sure you were comfortable. You dozed off within minutes wrapped up in his blankets. His scent lifted from the pillows.

You found yourself strapped into a chair in the pitch black. All you could hear was a soft buzzing in your ear. A bright light turn on in your face shining down on you making you squint. What was this? A silhouette of a person approached through the dark. You tried to speak but you couldn't manage to force any words out.

"Glad you could join us," A deep raspy voice growled.

Another light turned on to reveal Reid strapped into a similar chair as you. He was unconscious. You recognized the man in front of him, Davis Chapman, the unsub the team had arrested. Chapman shook Reid's head to wake him up from his unconscious state.

    "Ready?" He pulled out a gun and placed it to Reid's forehead.

    You pulled at the chair and tried to get up from it. Nothing you did could free you from this chair that appeared so easy to get out of to the common eye. Chapman cocked the gun continuing to press it against Reid.

    "Y/N, help me," Reid called out.

    Tears began to fall from your eyes. Even at this point you still couldn't say anything. That's when you heard the bang. First the bang filled the room then the ringing then all there was left was you screaming.

    "Y/N, wake up," You heard his familiar voice shaking you awake.

    You awoke still in Reid's bed where you had fallen asleep. Spence had heard you scream in your sleep and woken up from it. You were shaken up but seeing his face made you feel better.

    "Do you want to talk about it?" He asked and you shook your head.

    You didn't exactly want to tell him you had just dreamt that he died.

    "Can you stay with me, please?" You asked.

    Reid smiled and crawled into bed next to you. His presence already made everything feel better. Knowing he was next to you allowed you to eventually go back to sleep.