Chapter 11 - Missing

There wasn't a phone call throughout the night or the following morning letting you know that you would have to go to work. You decided to head over to Reid's apartment to check on him since you had not heard from him.

    You knocked on his apartment door before someone finally came to open. A woman who appeared to be in her late 40s answered the door. It caught you off guard to say the least.

"I'm Y/N, Is Spencer here?" You asked assertively.

You also noticed another older woman in the background with short blond hair above her shoulders. You assumed this was Reid's mother.

    "Dr. Reid is away for a few days. I'm here taking care of Mrs. Reid," the woman spoke.

    A little more conversation occurred but you could tell she was a bit uncomfortable with you being there. While heading back to your apartment you couldn't help but overthink.

Why didn't Spence tell me? Where did he go for a few days? Did I do something?

    You called Garcia.

    "Did Spence mention anything about leaving for a few days?" You asked.

    "Oh no. I haven't heard anything and you know I get all the juiciest details," Garcia sounded worried.

    "Thought I'd ask," You sighed.

    "Now you're tempting me into tracking his phone," She sounded like she was having a crisis.

    Garcia gave you some much needed reassurance after her back and forth contemplation of whether or not it's violating his privacy to track his phone.

You tried calling him and he didn't pick up his phone. When you called it would bring you straight to his voicemail. It just made you more worried about what he could be up to. It also didn't help that your job was an FBI agent.

    ————
This is a filler chapter, but I'm back into writing. I'll be updating more regularly.