𝕣𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕤

your pov
*beep beep*
i turn over too look at my alarm, 7:00, i actually woke up on time today (which is rare) i get out of bed and get changed into this outfit...

your pov*beep beep*i turn over too look at my alarm, 7:00, i actually woke up on time today (which is rare) i get out of bed and get changed into this outfit

i eat lucky charms for breakfast (healthy right) then clean my teeth, brush my (h/l) hair and put the hat on because i'm too lazy to wash it right now. i leave the room making sure i have the key with me and head down the golden corridors of the hotel. they put me in the hotel the park owns, but owen insisted on living in his trailer in one of the fields quite close the the raptors. so we live separately thank goodness.

i head out the glass front doors and feel the wind through my (h/c) hair as i walk over to my red vespa, i usually only use the motorcycle if i'm in a rush or feel dramatic that day.

i hop onto the bike and ride towards the raptor enclosure. i always enjoy this in the mornings, the way the world just kinda blurs out around me as i speed past everything. no one else on the tracks. just me and the forest. it always relaxes me before i see the raptors. they can sense fear and weakness so it's really important to be calm and confident around them.

i ride for about 20 minutes down the dirt tracks before i arrive at the cage. owen's already there talking to hoskins, probably about that weapons crap again. he doesn't seem to understand that they are actual animals not just war machines for him to send into battle.

"hey owen"
"what's up short round"
he calls me that after the short round in indiana jones, he's kinda delusional and thinks he's just like indiana, makes me laugh really. i don't mind when he calls me that, i love the movies so i'm not bothered by it.

we have a new guy joining today, he's on pig patrol, nothing too overwhelming for his first day.
"(y/n) can you go and explain what to do to the new guy?" hoskins asks.
"sure thing" i simply reply.

i talk to him for a quarter of an hour or so and i think he understands what he's doing. i send him up to the platform above the cage with the catcher stick thing and walk over to the small pig cage. i let it into the velociraptors, they chase it around at full speed, it's really quite amazing to watch the way they move so swiftly. it's fascinating.

the pig goes under the platform and the guy manages to catch it, but the pig is caught by the raptor moving at full speed it's so strong that he gets pulled off into the cage within seconds. it all happened so quickly. everyone starts to panic but remains quiet.

the raptors immediately turn to face him, and start urging closer, almost eye to eye with the poor guy. when owen quickly hit the button to open the cage and crawls in. he runs in front of the guy and stops the raptors, me and him yelling at the guards not to fire.

barry pulled the new guy out of the cage and to the side,
"blue stand down, stand down" owen ordered "hey, hey, what did i just say?" he nearly yells at her
"delta i see you, back up."he says sternly
"ChArLiE, stay right there." he makes eye contact while ordering
"(y/n) close the gate!" he tells me
"what the hell?!" i know my brother has a plan but this still worries me.
"(y/n), just trust me. close the gate."
"fine" i whisper to myself. i hit the button and the gate starts to close.

he sprints towards the gate and roles underneath. i hug him tight, glad that he's okay. after i let go he turns to the new kid. "you're the new guy right?" he asks. he just nods. "you ever wonder why there was a job opening?" i giggle a little at him trying to scare him. i feel bad though because now he genuinely looks really shaken up. "don't ever turn your back to the cage." he says and points towards the raptor behind him. snarling through the gate.

he walks over to me
"that was a close one" i state
"yeah, i think that's the worst case we've had yet. hey do you think you could go find claire, she said she wanted to talk you you earlier and i think that's enough training today."
"sure, i'll ride over to the main park and go to the visitors centre. i'm assuming she'll probably be in there."
me and owen say goodbye and head in our separate ways.

i head towards to the main park and make my way to the visitors centre. i see her rushing through so i run up to her and try to quickly ask what's going on, "claire!" i yell after her. she turns around and sees me headed her way
"hi, (y/n) i was looking for you earlier but owen said you two had to go to train the raptors."she states
"ah, yeah. anyway, what do you need?"
i ask quickly, as i can see she needs to be somewhere. "can you do me a favour and take my two nephews on a tour round the park tomorrow, i've got loads of meetings and i'm really busy. i promise i can see them the next day though, and don't worry, my assistant zara will be there to supervise them so you don't have to babysit or anything. ones your age and the other ones around ten." she tells me
"yeah, sure, i would love to. where and when should i meet them?"
"10:00 outside here. and can you take that hat off it's a bit inappropriate for the children. i really have to go now but i'll catch up with you soon, bye (y/n)!" she says whilst speeding off. i take my hat off and turn towards the exit.

A/N
this is my first chapter of my first fanfic so i'm sorry if it's not the best, this chapter was a little boring but i promise it will get better from here, and please give me honest feedback so i can improve: :) x

1071 words