𝕟𝕖𝕨 𝕕𝕚𝕤𝕔𝕠𝕧𝕖𝕣𝕚𝕖𝕤

we head on our way and start walking further into the jungle, not knowing where we are headed, we just know we're getting away from that monster.

as i walk along, stomping on all sorts with my heavy boots as i do, i think about how insane this all is. one minute i'm in (y/h/c) and the next i'm training bloody velociraptors in costa rica, now i'm on the run from some sort of giant man eating dinosaur. it's crazy.
zach snaps me out of my thoughts
" (y/n), it's gonna start getting dark out here soon you know." he reminds me "yeah, as we walk along if you guys see anywhere we can spend the night point it out, okay?" they both nod.

~~time skip~~

"how about up there?" gray points at a tall tree with a huge branch coming out the side "yeah that looks good, and we can climb up the vines" i reply, making my way towards the tree. "zach can you give me a hand?" i ask as im too short to reach the vines. "sure, step here"he kneels down and i step on his knee to get a bit higher. i grab the vine and start pulling myself up, i put my feet against the trunk and use it kinda like you would if you went rock climbing. he then lifts up gray and he does the same then he brings himself up. once all three of us are at the top we sit in silence completely in awe of the view. the sun set over the jungle is quite a sight to see.

we both sit back against the tree trunk and zach puts his arm around my shoulder as i rest my head on his chest. i know we haven't known each other for very long, but it feels like forever. so much has happened over the day that it's just nice to have someone there. i look over at gray and he's already fast asleep of course. he's like a younger brother to me, he's so adorable and smart although i don't think zach would agree.

a cold breeze runs through the leaves and makes me shiver, i only have on a tank top and shorts so i'm absolutely freezing. i guess zach noticed because he takes his hoodie off and hands it to me "take this, i don't want you to freeze out here." he gives a small smile. i take it and wrap it around my shoulders. "thanks" i whisper back to him. i rest my head on his shoulder and start to close my eyes. he rests his head on mine, causing a soft smile to appear on my face.

~~time skip to morning~~

my (e/c) eyes flutter open as dawn breaks. the sun reflecting off my shiny (h/c) hair. i lift my head and softly shake zach to wake him up, after that we wake gray. there's a long day ahead of us, we have to keep moving and find someway to get back to the park yet stay safe at the same time, although i don't think safe is even an option at this point.

i throw my cap on then we climb down the vines and lower ourselves into shrub covered ground, ferns and lycophytes surrounding us. the three of us start walking the same way we we were yesterday, which according to the sun must be east. wether or not the park is eastward, i have no clue but we will soon find out.

after a lengthy amount of walking gray speeds up in front of me and zach a little, we keep walking behind him carrying on our little conversation. as we catch up we can see what he's holding, it's a cracked hard hat, absolutely covered in thick dried blood. it is actually rather disturbing to look at. grays breathing starts to get faster as it is obviously stressing him out and causing some anxiety. zach snatches the hat away from him as i grab both of his hands and kneel down to get to a bit below his height " hey, look at me, that monster is long gone now, there is nothing to worry about, okay?" i say to him in a reassuring tone "okay, but promise me that if that thing comes back, you can protect me?" he says still shaken up. i hold my hand over my heart " i (y/n) promise that i shall always protect little gray from dinosaurs" i sat with a small giggle making him smile.

we all keep walking with gray in front of me and zach. "wow, you're really good with kids" zach says a little bit surprised. "Yeah, sometimes when i finish with training early, claire sends me to go and work in the children's care centre." i tell him. " to be honest with you most of the kids are annoying, but occasionally you get one that brightens your whole day, that's the only reason i agree to help out." i smile to myself a little bit.

"that's awesome, i don't really like kids that much either, but i have to put up with little gray" he says with a small chuckle "heyyy, you don't have to be so rude" gray replies causing us all to laugh. "oh and what was it that you mentioned about training? you never said you where training for anything before". zach asks, i guess i forgot to tell them about the velociraptors. "oh, that's a story for another time...check this out" i decided not to tell him now as i quickly got distracted by a jurassic world staff buggy.

"stay behind me" zach says to gray, but of course he didn't listen. we all walk towards the cart and soon see blood covered seats as well as shattered glass. we stand there in silence for a second.

i notice zach staring past the tree, i look in the same direction and see some huge concrete doors covered in vines and moss. we step towards it with curiosity and a hint of fear. zach opens one door and i push open the other...

a/n
sorry this chapter took so long to come out, but it's here now. hope you enjoyed it, i'll update soon :)

1056 words