𝕟𝕒𝕣𝕣𝕠𝕨 𝕖𝕤𝕔𝕒𝕡𝕖

we stop for a second right beside the battle of the two beasts, we watch for a moment as they approach each other, then  gray yells at us to move again. i let go of his hand and grab the joystick as zach seems to be frozen from pure shock.

as we try to move away from the circling creatures we get hit with the tail of an ankylosaurus and we're sent flying back, ending up hanging upside down. zach try's to get us moving again
but nothing happens. fear starts to creep up on me now i realise the reality of what's happening.

the roars of the two monsters as they fight for survival echoes through the forest. i watch the two but i can't figure out the species of the larger one, it resembles a tyrannosaurus-rex but more ferocious i guess.

we watch as the claws go straight through the skin of the A-saurus and it lets out a whine of pain. we all turn away for a second, but we have to look, our minds don't want to but our bodies are forcing us.

the head is bitten off by the bigger, more horrifying, creature. i was about to cover grays eyes but he looks away anyway. me and zach just stare motionless. "we're safe in here right?" gray asks. "yeah" the two of us reply quickly, although in the back of our heads we know that's not true. zach pulls me tighter to the point where i nearly can't breathe.

suddenly mine and zach's phones start buzzing on the top of the gyrosphere. mine says "owen" and his says "aunt claire". the phones slowly start to slide down the glass making a vibrating sound as they do. zach holds on to me while i reach my arm out trying to grab them. "(y/n)" gray whispers. "shut up" i whisper back, distracted by trying to get the phones. "zach, zach" he then says. "what, she's almost got it." zach replies also annoyed. "look!" gray says in a shaky voice.

we both look up, coming face to face with a huge yellow eye staring right at us. it stands up, leans over us then starts spinning us around to face it as it smashes a claw right through the glass without struggle. we scream as it's jaw opens and clamps down around us. after a couple of try's it's razor sharp teeth go straight through the glass. it picks us up and slams us against the ground, smashing the glass beneath us. zach unbuckles both our seatbelts and all three of us drop out the ball. me and zach push gray to start running then quickly follow behind him.

we run into a clearing and sprint as far as we can through the long grass until we are stopped by a huge cliff with a raging waterfall. we turn around, to see how much time we have before we get eaten alive. the ground shakes more and more as the deathly beast makes it's way toward us, metres at a time.

"WE HAVE TO JUMP" zach yells at us
"I CANT" gray yells back "THERE'S NO CHOICE GRAY" i tell him. zach starts counting town " one, two..." there's no time, i grab both their hands before he even reaches three and pull them with me off the edge of the cliff. i can hear gray scream all the way down to the water.

he try's to swim up, but i quickly grab him and pull him back down signalling above us, because the dinosaur's still watching over the water. after a couple more seconds we hear a muffled roar come from above the surface and the beast walks away.

we all swim up gasping for air and immediately go towards dry land. we all reach the shore, still coughing a little bit and pull each other up. "we - we jumped" zach says between breaths with a cute little grin on his face. we all giggle a bit as we still try to take in what just happened, zach pulls me into a hug and we lock eyes for a second, just smiling at each other, not really thinking about what just happened, it's so easy to get lost in his eyes.

oh crap

i think i'm falling for him

a/n
i know this chapter was really short but there was a lot of action to tell. the next chapter will be longer and follow the characters more rather than the situation. the beginning was hard to explain so sorry if that wasn't much good but the next chapter will make up for it, i'll update soon :) Xx

789 words