Chapter Twenty Seven

The sound of loud police and ambulance sirens were all that could be heard as the group of you exited the mansion, leaving inside and unconscious Hina and Joowon along with a defeated Hoseok. The look on his face was enough for everyone to see that he'd regretted his actions, but what's done is done, he couldn't go back.

Namjoon was the one who'd called the police, he'd alerted them earlier that you were kidnapped and where to come to. He told the officers about the video proof and anything else that he knew about your situation.

"Thanks for cooperating but we're also going to need for you to turn around as you're under arrest to connection in the kidnapping."

Namjoon already knew he would be arrested, so without protest he turned around and did as he told.

You immediately ran over trying to stop the officers from arresting him, "W-Whats going on? He had no choice but to obey Joowon, he didn't want to hurt me." You reached for the cops arms trying to get him to release Namjoon but stopped as Namjoon looked over at you.

"Don't worry about me Y/N. I deserve to pay for the things I've done. Doesn't matter if I was forced to or not, you didn't deserve any of that."

Jungkook walked over towards the two of you, giving Namjoon a nod before taking your hand and walking you back over towards your father.

"Dad—Namjoon... he—"

Your dad understood your feelings as he wrapped you in a tight hug, "Don't worry sweetheart. I'll pull a few strings and make sure he only serves a small sentence, but he still has to pay for his wrongs."

Taehyung smiled at your tears, "Sis you were always a crybaby..."

"You're mean." You pouted while laughing through your tears.

Jimin suddenly released a deep sigh causing everyone to focus on him, "I'm so glad this is all over. It was hard pretending not to know Y/N, I'm glad your memories are slowly coming back."

At his words you begin to crack your knuckles while playfully glaring at Jin, "Seokjin, did you hear that? My memories are slowly returning—I remember what happened just before my kidnapping."

Seokjin froze up with widened eyes as he looked at you, "Hehe..." he rubbed the back of his neck out of nervousness, "—and what exactly is it that you remember."

"I'm sure you remember eating my last freaking cupcake! I had been saving that!"

"T-That was years ago!" He whispered before running off in the opposite direction. You father chuckling at the playful bickering.

"I'm just happy to have my baby girl back. I wish your mother could be here—she'd be so happy to see you now."

__________

It had been a whole month since everything went down. Joowon received life in prison for kidnapping along with everything revealed in the hard drive. Hani, being an accomplice to it all, received forty five years.

You remember just how she acted in the court room. She was dramatic. It took all of six cops to forcefully drag her out of the courtroom after she glued herself to the seat, refusing to move. In the end, her and her father were both sent to top security prisons out of the country.

Hoseok and Namjoon had both taken a plea deal with the help of your father. Namjoon received five years while Hoseok received seven years.

You'd forgiven Namjoon as you understood his circumstances. He only had done what anyone would do if they were the only key to helping their mother. About Hoseok, you'd forgive him too. He only wanted to feel genuine fatherly love.