20

GOSSIP

After a few knocks on the front door, Tresa swung the it open, fully knowing who's on the other side

After a few knocks on the front door, Tresa swung the it open, fully knowing who's on the other side. She didn't even look up before running into their chest and hugging them tightly.

"Hey, what's wrong, Noona?" Jungkook cooed as he stroked her hair to calm her down. It was the second time this month to see her cry. It was a very unusual sight for even Jungkook who had known her since childhood.

Tresa lightly cried into his chest, not caring about destroying his shirt with her tears.

Jungkook almost forgot the other man standing with him in the corridor. He saw how Yoongi looked clueless but also... sad.

Jungkook tapped Tresa's back and pulled away, bending his knees down to her height, "Hey, let's go inside."

Tresa nodded, still unaware of her neighbour's presence until her eyes fell upon him. Her sobs stopped right there, eyes growing wide, "Oh, my god! Yoongi! Ugh, this is so embarrassing. You weren't supposed to see me like this!" She cried.

Yoongi didn't know what to say other than stand like a pole.

The three of them walked into the flat, settling down on the couch.

"Now, tell me. Is it that bastard aga-" Jungkook was cut off when Tresa slid the newspaper on the coffee table towards him.

"No."

Jungkook frowned and took the newspaper, and his brows only knitted even further - if that was even possible - when he read the headlines. Yoongi poked his head over Jungkook's shoulder to read it too, his eyes growing to the size equivalent to the circumference of the earth without even reading the headline because the image accompanying it was more than self-explainatory.

"What the FUCK!" was all Jungkook said as his eyes bounced back and forth between his noona and Hyung, like a tennis match, "Y-You two? SINCE WHEN?"

"That's not the point, Jungkook!"

Jungkook reluctantly sank his thoughts to the back of his head. He knew how much the media scared Tresa. It all started when Jin entered her life. And now she was facing it again.

"I'm sorry. But how did they know?"

"I don't know... I guess they followed me around."

Yoongi was lost in his own thoughts, his mind trying to register the headlines - KIM TRESA, DAUGHTER OF CEO KIM TAEJIN OF TAEJIN GROUP OF INDUSTRIES, CAUGHT ON A ROMANTIC DATE WITH NEW FLING - written in bold above the image of him and Tresa kissing.

Sure, they have known each other for more than a couple of months and yet he didn't truly know her. What really blew his mind was that she was the only daughter of THE KIM TAEJIN, the famous businessman who was one of the people who brought South Korea to the forefront of World Economy with his company. Probably the most richest man to be living in South Korea at the moment.

His mind started to calculate and it all started to make sense as to how she understood so well about why Agust D never wanted to be in the public's light.

So if Kim Tresa is Kim Taejin's daughter... does the make Jeon Jungkook the son of Jeon Seojoon?

Before his mind could come up with more theories, he was interrupted by a tap on his shoulder, "I'll let you guys talk. I'll be outside."

Jungkook stood up and closed the main door before disappearing out of sight.

There was silence.

Neither one of them knew what to say.

So this is what it feels like to hide your identity, huh?

"Yoongi?" Tresa said softly.

The said man faced her to see her bloodshot eyes. His heart crumpled up at that sight.

"I'm- I'm sorry." Her voice broke.

Yoongi instantly took her into his embrace, "It's okay. It's not your fault." He cooed.

"I'm so sorry. I should've told you who I really am before getting you stuck in this whole media crap. You don't deserve such attention. I'm sorry." She rubbed her eyes.

"Shh..." he brushed her hair. He couldn't understand why a simple gossip tore her down like this, but this wasn't the time to ask, "I don't care about the news. I only care about you and how you feel."

Tresa looked up from his chest, "I-ugh! I hate myself so much! I should've been more cautious. I didn't think tha-"

He was cut off when Yoongi's lips met hers. He leaned into her and deepen the kiss until her back hit the armrest of the couch.

He pulled his face away a few inches from hers, "I love you, and that's the only thing that matters, hmm? I couldn't care less about this gossip, I just want you to be okay and not let this break us already. And if this is what it takes to be with you, then I'll go through it all as long as you're by my side." He whispered, brushing the back of his fingers on her cheek.

Tresa gulped at his choice of words. It truly mesmerised her, "Thank you."

—————
I'm sorry but I love a bit of melodrama,
TEE HE HE!