27

ARTICLE

"So it's TRUE!" Hoseok yelled, cupping his cheeks

"What? What's true?" Yoongi asked, nervously scratching the back of his head.

"Ah, don't act like you don't know! You suck at acting!" Namjoon crosses his arms with his brows raised.

"Take a look at this!" Hoseok snatched the newspaper from Namjoon's hand and shoved it in Yoongi's face.

Yoongi frowned as he read the headlines along with Tresa, "KIM TRESA AND NEW BOYFRIEND SPOTTED LEAVING THE TAEJIN GROUP OF INDUSTRIES MAIN BUILDING. HAS THE BUSINESSMAN APPROVED OF THE YOUNG ROMANCE?"

The lovers exchanged looks after seeing a blurry picture of them in Yoongi's car, below the headlines.

"Dude, you're being followed. People are curious about who the hell the man is that's dating the business tycoon's daughter!" Namjoon explained calmly.

"We know how hard you've worked to keep your identity a secret. But now, there's a slim chance of it staying concealed." Hoseok added.

Tresa was starting to feel upset and guilty all at once. It was a whirlpool of emotions. It wasn't her fault that she happened to be born into a rich and famous family. And it definitely wasn't her fault that her heart chose Yoongi over any other man.

She bit her quivering lips as she stared down at the carpeted floor, hugging her cardigan around her frame. This was a sensitive issue to her and after two years, it finally returned to bite her in the ass.

"Babe..." Yoongi noticed the silver streaks running down her eyes. She hated that it had only been a couple of days and she has done nothing but cry majority of the time. Was this how it was all going to go, she wondered. Yoongi gently embraced her, hiding her face into his chest. She hated to cry in front of people she didn't even know well, but this issue was getting out of hand and now Yoongi would have to suffer for dating her.

Namjoon and Hoseok exchanged concerned glances, "We didn't mean to hurt you, Tresa. We are happy for you both! Really! We're just worri-"

"It's okay, guys. I understand." Tresa pulled away from Yoongi completely and took a few steps away. His hands started to feel empty and cold at the sudden distance she put between them, "It's all my fault. If I hadn't gotten close to Yoongi, all this wouldn't have happened."

She hastily rubbed her eyes with fingers, "I'm sorry that I almost compromised your secret. I'm sorry that you have to go through this media rabbit hole because of me." She sniffled and took in a deep breath, in an attempt to calm herself down, "These past couple of days have been the best and I can't thank you enough for that, Yoongi."

There it was, the one thing Yoongi didn't want to hear. He could see what was coming next.

"I love you, Yoongi. But I can't let my love for you destroy your peaceful life. I know how much you respect your life with no public drama and you've done so well in protecting yourself for almost 5 years. I can't let my issues ruin your efforts in just two days."

"Tresa, don't say anything more than this, please. None of this matters as long as you're with me. I told you already that I'll-"

"Yoongi... I never thought I'd say this so soon, but... let's break up. Let's not see each other anymore."

Yoongi stood frozen while Tresa picked up her bag and walked past the two other men who were shocked about what just happened, "Please take care of him." She whispered to them before exiting the studio.

The three of them stood quietly, while the heartbroken one amongst them soon broke into a silent sob. Tears streamed down his face while he was still trying to register the words Tresa said before leaving.

Leaving him forever.

"Get out." He mumbled.

Both the boys flinched at the sudden harshness in his tone, "Yoongi, we didn't mean to-"

"Didn't mean to WHAT! Out of all the times why did you have to come in now and ruin everything! Did you two really think that all I care about is my secret?" His hands balled into tight fists, knuckles growing ghost-white, "You should've chosen your words wisely before indirectly dumping all this on her head and then you say you're 'happy for us'? You are supposed to be fucking writers! But you chose the worst way to put this together and chased her away!"

Hoseok took a step forward to convince the oldest, "Yoongi, that's not what we really meant-"

"Get out, now, before I say or do something I'll regret later. Leave me alone!"

Namjoon and Hoseok looked at each other - with guilt swimming in their eyes - before leaving the studio.

"In the midst of a series of vague responsibilities,
We became so sick of each other that we finally became parallel.
Although this wasn't the kind of parallel that I wanted..."

Hmm... you guys haven't been voting...
Don't you like how the story is going or...?
Please lemme know your opinion on this book so far!!