VIII

*Jack's Pov*
Millions of emotions filled my brain. How could this even happen? I ran and I ran till I was at least 15 blocks away from Nichole's apartment. "How do I even know if it's mine?" I let out a sigh, "Great" I started to become soaked from the rain. I ran into the nearest café I took a seat near the back. "Hi!" An all to chirpy voice rang in my ear. "Hey" I said sounding like I didn't even care to much of her. "May I take your order?" I totally forgot I was in a café I wasn't very Hungry I just needed to think a place to collect my thoughts. "I'm not ready." Is all I said and turned away signaling her to walk away. I heard the bell go off from the door opening I looked up thinking It was going to be Nichole walking through those doors, but I was mistaken it was an old lady. I decided to leave the café it obviously wasn't helping me. I walked about 4 more blocks down to the hospital. It was around 1 so visiting hours just began. I needed to see Nichole. I walked in the hospital two of the automated doors opened and I saw all the couple together holding hands, talking. I don't know what got to me but I ran past the receptionist and to Nichole's hospital room, I saw her through the glass door sitting there looking lifeless. Machines connected to her. I opened the door.

*Nichole's pov*
I'm sitting here, feeling lifeless, paralyzed all that's working is my brain. I can hear, I just can't speak, can feel peoples touch, I just can't touch them back. I heard my door open I heard such familiar footsteps. It's him. He grabbed my hand. "Hey" he said hey jack is what I wanted to say I couldn't. "How are you feeling" he sounded like he was about to cry. There was a moment of silence for about 30 seconds. "What am I doing. You can't hear me." He raised his voice, he held my hand tighter. But I can Jack I can hear. I wanted to wake up. I wanted to wake up wake up and just hug him. "I miss you so damn much you know that." You could tell he was crying. I miss you too. I felt one of jacks tears fall on my hand. I could feel the tears coming out. I let one escape. And all I hear next was the sound of my single tear dropping on the floor.