Revealing of Powers

Author's Note
Hey how is everyone? Wanted to say thanks soooo much for 100+ votes! It means a lot to know you're enjoying the story and want to see more. Anyone, won't keep you anymore with the mini essay this note is. Enjoy the chapter!

Gwen's PoV
For the first time in history, I arrived at school not only a good twenty minutes early, but before Stevie. I had to sit by myself for five minutes before she turned up. Now I knew how she felt in the mornings seeing as I was hardly ever in before the bell. Mind you, she would sit with her head in a book, but I didn't have one with me to keep myself amused.

I was scrolling through my Facebook when she sat down across from me, removing her black gloves as she spoke.

'Hey you ok? Hope you haven't been waiting long.'

'No not too long. I'm fine, it's just...'

I trailed off, not quite sure how to explain what had happened earlier this morning.

'Go on, it's ok.'

I sighed.

'Well, I was going about my normal routine this morning, you know; hair, teeth, make up-'

She rolled her eyes slightly at the mention of make up and I punched her playfully.

'Aw come on, I'm sure you would like it if you only gave it a proper chance!'

'Haha nope. I'll pass thank you very much.'

We laughed for a bit before I continued.

'So as I was doing all my usual stuff I ... I realised... I could like control my hair,  almost like having another arm or something.'

She didn't laugh at all, which was a huge relief, in fact her face was deadly serious.

'I don't even know what to say. Can you show me?'

I looked around me and nodded slightly before using my hair to pick up one of her gloves from the table and dangle it a few inches from her face for a few seconds, then letting it fall gently to back to the table.

I blushed as she looked at me with sheer wonder.

'That's incredible, and can you just do it when ever you want to?'

'Yea pretty much.'

'Wow! You know it's strange, but something kinda weird happened to me this morning too.'

'Really? What happened?'

'I can't really show you here, so you're just going to have to take my work for it me for now, but I can make myself invisible.'

I don't know what my face looked like when she told me, I only know the shock yet amazement I felt when she told me.

'Gwen?'

'Gwen?'

'Gwen!?!'

'What? I'm so sorry, it's just, I can't quite believe what I'm hearing.'

'I know, it's crazy. Don't suppose you have any idea as to what's brought these powers, if you can even call them that?'

'Not a clue.'

She opened her mouth, most likely to speculate wild solutions to her own question, but the bell stopped her before she could even start.

'Wow time certainly flies, let's try and think of different solutions in class and then see if we can come up with any reasonable explanation together at lunch.'

I nodded at her before she whizzed off towards music. I grabbed my own bag before heading off in the opposite direction towards English.

Sami's PoV
The morning dragged on forever without Olivia there to keep me company. I had messaged her to ask why she was off but she hadn't replied. I had no one to sit with at lunch when it finally came around, so I chose a table at the far end of the canteen and sat quietly by myself, observing those around me.