A Trip to Olivia's

Olivia's PoV
My gloriously peaceful day was rudely interrupted by a phone call from Sami just after lunch, and being the kind person I am, I answered.

Big mistake.

'Hey what's up?'

I heard noises in the background before Sami herself spoke.

"Not much, well actually a lot but we can get into that later. Don't suppose you meet us after school can you?"

I frowned into my phone.

"Who's us?"

"Uhhhh everyone from chemistry."

"Hold on, your not trying to get me to come study with you guys or something are you?"

"Eww of course not, as if I'd even sign up to that. Just say if you can or not because it's too complicated to explain over the phone."

"Urgh ok fine, you guys can come here if you want since my parents shouldn't be home till late."

"Ok brilliant, thanks so much! See you soon."

Before I even had a chance to say bye she had hung up the phone. I dropped my phone back on the sofa and glanced around the room.

The floor was littered with crumbs and wrappers along with the abandoned pizza box from lunch. Brilliant, not only did I have to socialise, I had to clean as well. Yay.

I decided to put another movie on while I cleaned so I wouldn't be completely bored as I was tidying.

Another big mistake.

Especially when the movie is two hours long and by the time the credits are over you haven't moved a muscle, leaving you to run around panicking throwing everything into a bin bag.

I must say, I was very proud of myself for getting the room pretty tidy in ten minutes flat. Record time by far for me. Whenever my mum asks, well forces, me to tidy my room it always takes me hours simply because I get distracted messing around with things I thought I'd lost long ago.

The door bell rang a few minutes later and the whole crew came piling into the living room. This was gonna be fun. Not.

After they had all finished whatever conversation they were having, Sami addressed me.

"Sorry Olivia, I know it was such short notice but we all really needed to talk to you, we have a theory...."

She trailed off at the end, unsure as to how to explain something. She looked around the group desperately for someone to take over, and much to her relief, someone did.

Tommy's PoV

I thought I should save Sami the difficult task of explaining what each of us had experienced to Olivia. The only issue was, I could barely explain either.

"Right so basically we have all experienced weird ... I guess powers ... today-"

"Wait! You guys now have strange powers too! Thank goodness, I thought I was losing my mind."

I looked back to the others then back at Olivia.
"Then maybe the theory is true."

"Look I'm sorry but does someone want to fill in the gaps here because I'm having a really difficult time joining the dots."

"Ah yes, sorry. Remember that night at chemistry, when we all felt weird after picking our elements on that contraption, we think that's what's caused our powers."

"And why exactly do I confirm this theory."

"It's not that you completely confirm it, but as far as we can tell, we are the only ones who have powers and it's a bit of a coincidence that we all happened to attend the chemistry tutor. Plus it might help explain why we each felt odd when we were using that machine."