A Picnic in the Woods

Olivia's PoV

"Do you have everything Liv?"

"Yes mum." I shouted into the living room, before opening the front door and heaving the heavy picnic basket outside.

I walked down my front path towards the car waiting at the gate, the basket banging against my thigh with every step.

By the time I opened the door of Sami's mum's car, I was positive I had a large, purple bruise where it had been hitting me.

I hauled the basket onto the back seat before jumping in myself.

"Hi." Sami greeted me.

"Hey, did you bring the drinks?"

She gave a firm nod.

"Yup, two bottles of lemonade and another two of cola."

"Perfect!"

You may be wondering why we were going to the woods. Good question. And the good answer is...we all just wanted to go for a picnic, and we chose the woods as we thought it would be a nice quiet and peaceful area.

I bet you can guess whose idea it was. Go on, guess.

I'll give you five seconds.

~1~
~2~
~3~
~4~
~5~

If you guessed Stevie...you're wrong!

It was Blair who actually suggested having a picnic, so if you guessed him then you were right- have a gold star.

We all thoug-

Hold on.

Ok sorry about that, Stevie just told me I need to talk about what happened with the tutor before going any further.

Allow me to take you back five months ago....

It was a dark and stormy night when the police discovered the body of Mr Walters. They had been called when he hadn't shown up to work or answered his phone. And it worked out exactly as we had planned; they thought his death was the tragic outcome of a failed experiment and treated it as not suspicious.

I know right! We got away with it. Even in their wildest dreams, the police never thought his death had anything to do with us.

There is that good enough for you Stevie?

She rolled her eyes after reading it so I'm going to take that as a yes.

Just for the record though, it wasn't a dark and stormy night.

Now, where was I?

We all thought the picnic would be a great way to meet up and unwind as we had all just finished our glorious exams.

The journey from my house to the woods was pretty quick, but I was grateful to have a ride instead of having to heave the picnic basket all the way there.

"Have fun girls!", Sami's mum said as she pulled up at the entrance to the woods.

I smiled in response. "Thanks for the ride!"

"You're very welcome Olivia, any time."

Sami jumped out the passenger side, pulling out two bags of drinks with her.