The Next Monday

Author's Note
Hey everyone, Thank you so incredibly much for 2000+ reads!!! Also thanks to TheCoyAuthor for helping out with the last chapter, really appreciate it. As always thanks for continuing to read, comment and vote, and on with the chapter!

Tommy's PoV

The next chemistry session rolled around pretty quick and no one had any idea what to expect. We had all agreed to meet at the café round the corner from the school where the tuition takes place before the class. Ever since we found out that the man who was there last week wasn't actually the real tutor, we have been trying to work out who it is. But we came up with no answers at all.

When we were in chemistry I was half expecting Mrs Stanley to keep us behind and tell us the whole 'tutor not being able to make it' thing was a big joke, and I had in fact been the real tutor there last week. She did keep us behind again, but not to tell us she had previously been joking.

"Now remember you have chemistry tutor tonight, I want you all on best behaviour, you are representing the school after all."

I scoffed under my breath. I hate it when teachers give you the 'school representative' crap. As if anyone cares.

"I will be asking the tutor for reports back on all of you to make sure you are all making good progress. At the end, the most improved student will get a prize."

Like that's gonna make any of us work more. In fact, bribing us will only make us even less motivated to work. If that's possible. Teachers really don't understand kids these days. Besides the prize is always a small box of chocolates along with piece of paper with your name on it...sorry, a certificate. Waste of a tree if you ask me.

She let us go afterwards and we all went our separate ways to our next class. I walked down the corridor towards science, I had double biology and I wasn't looking forward to it.

Now I would give you a run down of what we were doing in the class but I wasn't exactly paying attention so that might be a bit difficult. Hey, don't roll your eyes at me. If I had wrote about what we did in the class you would probably have fallen asleep before I was even halfway through.

By the time I left the class I was super tired and bored out of my mind. I was glad it was time to go home and then I remembered chemistry tuition was tonight and it completely spoiled my mood. I sulked most of the way home because of this. It was going to be a long night.

Gwen's PoV

This whole imposter business is really freaking me out. Who was the man who turned up last week? I hoped it would be the real guy this time, not only because I wanted to know who was actually teaching me but also because I did kinda want to learn since I'm practically failing chemistry at the moment. I suppose the other man did try to teach, but he wasn't very good.

Correction: he was a pretty awful teacher.

I sighed as I unlocked my front door and headed upstairs to my room. I had so much to do tonight. Not only did I have tuition, I had so much homework and dancing afterwards.

By the time I needed to leave to head to the café I had completed my maths and English homework, leaving me with German when I got back home later. I threw some stuff which I hoped was chemistry into my bag and left for the café. The breeze was cold and strong and I really regretted not bringing my scarf with me. Blowing into my gloves hands to warm them up, I rounded the corner onto the main road and stood in the wind at the bus stop. I tried to consult the timetable but I could barely make it out due to all the graffiti over it. Oh well, it's not like buses are ever on time anyway.