Chapter 14: The Stake At Hand

The Lycans

Chapter 14: The Stake at Hand

Lucy's POV

I sat awake in my head in something called the dreamscape, I remember Jake mentioning this in his sleep, but I think he only mentioned this once because after I would cuddle up to him, I'd fall asleep soon after. I began to get up and walk.

"Is anyone there? Hello?" Drat. no reply.

I soon came across a demon version of myself with fangs, red eyes, and with a dark atmosphere around her.

"You do remember that you've been bitten, and I'm the poison that's entering your bloodstream, correct? You could fight me but it could be useless. Just like that Jake of yours." The demon spoke.

"Don't you dare say that about him! He tried saving me but he was weak. It's your master's;

"Our's." She said. I continued after being interrupted. Emily is only doing this to destroy Jake,

"Fault. I'm not submitting to her reign, and that's not a promise. That's a fact", I said, hoping the demon would understand. I began fighting her for control, we were both worn out. It was all working out.

"You know you won't take control, you're too pussy to do so." Soon I turned over to see a very surprised Jake in the corner.

"MY ASTRAL PLANE COMMUNICATION POWERS ARE BACK! YEAH, BABY!" He said loudly.

The demon paused and both of us walked over to him and there was an echo of the word,

"Jake?.." we both stared at him, and I teared up and smiled. I ran to him and kissed him, happily knowing he was okay.

"Babe, you can't stay here. Not in this form at least, the darkness may engulf you too. "

"Hun, I'm immune to the vampire bloodline," he told me.

"Oh, well, that means your safe, for now."

"Not exactly", he said as My demon self's left arm merged with mine, and we both fell to the ground and merged, My fangs grew, my eyes changed hue, and I was screwed... Jake watched in horror as his astral self went back to his body, he came to in the middle of him standing where he was but looking a different direction.

As I began to gain consciousness everything was dark, but, I knew Jake was looking in my direction, I couldn't hear anything but when I could see, I could see Lucas holding him back, and before I knew it, he charged up a blast from his hands and came flying towards me, but before I knew it, Emily shot a ray at Jake, but his shield blocked it, and it hit me. I was out again.

Jake's POV

I soon realized after the blast hit Lucy, my powers began to fail. I summoned a final shield and braced for a final impact. Emily fell to the ground. Both Lucy and her were out. I stood there wondering what would happen,

"LUCAS, GATHER THE REST OF THE TROOPS AND BRING THEM BACK TO THE BRIEFING TENT."

"Yes, sir!"

We soon made our way to the tent, we left the door open to watch on Lucy and Emily.

"What is our plan Jake,'' Lucas said, quite confused. We both knew Rick had left to find the rest of Emily's troops, and both of us knew she didn't have anymore.

"One target is down Lucas, we now have 2 more to add on the original 2, even though Aria is gone," I said.

"Yeah, thank god for that."