Chapter 16: The Beginning of the End

The lycans

Chapter 16: The Beginning of the End

Logwall, Georgia
Next Day
1300 Hours

Katrina laid on her bed, she cuddled her crushes' hoodie. Her Roomate, DJ was making lunch, but Katrina was upset and hadn't eaten in days.

"Kat," DJ spoke softly, "if you dont come eat now, you're gonna starve." Katrina looked over but her vision was all messed up. She only could see red and grey, Her taste had change and she liked medium rare to rare meats, dark wines that resembled the colours of blood.

"im not hungry," she said.

"but you have to eat eventually..." DJ answered

"i said NO..." she looked up, eyes glowed red. no fangs just yet.

"Woah, calm down hun..." DJ backed away. "No need to get all hasty.." Kat looked into her floor mirror. Her irises were red and she reflection was fading in and out.

"Oh no.. no no no no NO. This can't be happening. i knew something happened that night i was kidnapped and questioned." she stuttered and stood up. Her legs felt wobbly and she almost fell. DJ ran to her aid.

"Let's get you to the couch. I can look after you there." DJ looked to herself. "Its about time i radioed him." She thought to herself.

"Where are you when i need you Jason..." Kat mumbled..

Somewhere on the I-85 in Tennessee
1700 Hours

"I think we should stop for gas," Said Dylan. The dash had a blinking light and there was beeping.

"whyever so?" I questioned. i wasnt paying attention.

"The needle is on E bro. Stop at the go-mart." he said.

"Fine, ill go." i began down the interstate ramp.

I was in the buggy, we stopped at a lonely gas station, the tennant was talking to the customers. i made the gesture, "40 on pump 11" and the gas was in. my walkie began to make strange noises, and i kept hearing my name.

"DYLAN, IM GETING SOMETHING ON MY WALKIE, COME HERE." He came running over and slid over the hood.

"Whatcha hearin bro?"

"I keep hearing my name, just listen to it." after a few minutes, Dylan could tell who it was.

"Jake, thats DJ. something must be wrong. Didn't she move to georgia a few years ago?" he asked.

"She did, what about it?"

"Doesn't someone else live in Georgia? Isn't that why we're heading down there?" i pondered for a moment

"Holy shit, it cant be.." i answered the signal, "DJ! HOLY SHIT, its so nice to hear that you're alive. what's up?

*over the walkie, we are at the station*

"It's been swell, you remember Katrina, correct?"

"Yes, of course, but is she alright?"