10(part two)

The door to the hotel room opened, and Claire was met with a smile.

Not just any smile, but Adam was holding a bunch of papers in my hand and almost giving a lopsided smirk.

"Look what I found." He said, before waving it around in front of her face.

"Oh no-" she had no time to reply, or form a sentence, rather launch herself forward for the papers, "Give it back!"

"No way!" Adam laughed, closing the door behind them as Claire tried to corner him to the door.

"Give it back, I said!" She yelled, trying to reach for the papers.

There was a hint of anger hidden in her voice, but at the same time, she did panic. Those papers held her emotions, everything she had bundled up, and finally sprouted out as a story.

No one had ever read it, but Claire regreted bringing it along with her to the trip. More like, she regreted ever writing it.

"I've read them already! I've read the draft, Jesus fucking Christ."

Claire's movements stilled, and her hands lowered back to her sides. "Y-you've read it?"

"Yes. I'm sorry I read it. I know it's important to you, but.." Adam trailed off, noticing the drop in Claire's facial expressions. He felt a pang in his chest, and it started eating him alive.

He realised he shouldn't have done it.

"It's.. it's okay." Claire muttered, eyes looking away.

"Claire," Adam whispered, and he snaked one of his arm around her waist, pulling her close against the door. "I'm sorry."

"It's alright."

"It's not. I know. You shouldn't have hidden these from me. It's been what? 10 years?"

"Eight." She corrects, while slowly sinking her face into his chest and burying herself there.

Adam had quite a broad chest and everything about him felt warm.

She felt him rest his chin on her head, and he hummed, the vibrations going through his body to hers.

"Eight. And you didn't think about talking to me about it?"

She didn't answer, and just stayed as she was, until Adam flipped her over and slammed her against the door. Her eyes widened instantly at the move, and she stared up at him.

"What the fuck Adam-"

"I'll make you forget him. I'll help you through this." He almost growled, pressing himself to her.

"Adam-" she gulped, her heart rate increasing.

"Claire, you won't ever have to live in these thoughts all alone. I'll be with you, right here." And he pointed her chest.

She didn't know how to feel, but she felt exposed. All her secrets were open to Adam now.

And the fact that she could never forget him, haunted her all these years, and now Adam knew. She was afraid that if would have known earlier, he would call her pathetic, just as she felt right then.

But today, at this moment, right now, she felt totally safe in his embrace. And while Adam reassured her, she smiled.

Adam was a gift she didn't deserve to have.

.
.
.
.

(I'm back, who missed me? XD)

Okay here's the reason why I couldn't update earlier: as time went on, I realised my writing changed with it. And I found it difficult to write the same way I used to write.

The first part was, infact, written two years ago (or 3) and I am very grateful for everyone who has been with me since then, supporting me every chapter and motivating me to write.

Without you all, I would never even have a sequel.

Thanks a lot for 400k on the other book, and 8k om this one. I love you.