28

Unsatisfying chapter alright :/

"Did you get it?" Claire asked Adam, as soon as he was off the call with Connor. They wanted a number.

"Yes." Adam nodded.

It was Nate's number.

That idiot Moore had forgotten to give it to her the last time and instead told her to contact him.

How the fuck? Would the number appear if she asked a mirror or something? Dumbass.

Claire wasted no time in contacting Nate even though it was late at night around 2 or 3 am, not sure when but she was determined on what she wanted.

Wesley was dosing off on the bed behind the two of them.

Claire: this is Claire.

Claire: answer me.

It did take a few minutes for Nate to answer, though didn't look like he was a man to go to bed early.

Nate: Claire. Amazed at how you found me

Claire: I want to meet you

Nate: so you've thought about it?

Claire: no. I want you to meet someone.

Nate: who?

Claire: now. Send the address.

Nate: wait who though

Claire: address

Nate: sigh

Claire: meet you in five

Nate: wtf

So yeah, that's how the three of them ended up in front of Nate's mansion, waiting for him to open the door. Claire kept ringing the bell and Adam kept trying to get her to stop.

They heard the door click from the inside and it opened a little, two pair of eyes coming into view.

It turned awkward immediately, by the way how the person just stared and widened his eyes and in the end slammed the door shut on their faces.

"What the heck just happened?" Wesley asked, peaking over Adam's shoulders. "Did I sacrifice my sleep for this?"

"Check the address again," Claire blinked, giving Adam a glance.

"Its-- we're at the right house." Adam replied, "He looked familiar, though."

"Huh?" Wesley looked at him. "What do you mean?"

"That was Sean."

The door opened again, and this time wide and a tall half naked Nate welcomed them looking bored and as if he had been through crisis.

Nate's gaze fell on the little man behind. "Who's that?"

"Take your best guess, Moore." Claire winked, moving away so that he could have a better view, and pulling Wesley to the spotlight.

"Holy fuc-" Nate choked and instantly started having a coughing fit too. Soon his eyes were brimming with tears, and his jaw fell.

"Is he crying because of me?" Wesley whispered to Adam, receiving an incredulous stare from him instead.

"He's choking, idiot." Claire responded, letting herself inside the house. "Is there an extra room or extra bed here?"

She spotted Sean on the couch, face in his hands and half naked too, just sitting there in disbelief. She understood what Sean was going through.

Actually no, she didn't get what he's going through. She was more worried about Adam who would most likely provoke Sean.

"There is." Sean said. "Upstairs."

"Oh. Would you mind a guest tonight?"

"Yes." Said Sean.

"No." Said Nate.

"Hey!"

"Shush Sean. This is an important matter why don't you just go ahead and sleep first." Nate shrugged, appearing from the door followed by Adam and Wesley.

The moment Sean looked at Adam, he obeyed Nate and stood up. "Goodnight." He said, while on his way out and slamming the door to the room.

It was so weird to find Sean in Nate's place. So random too. I mean, Claire did know that Sean was back but like?? Wow, she felt like she was meeting a lot of people lately.

Anyway, she hoped Sean had nothing to do with this matter.

"What brought you guys here?" Nate questioned, popping a soda can and taking a sip. Then he realised, "oh yeah, Wesley."

"Yeah." Claire pursed her lips. "He's gonna stay with you."

"Why the fuck?" Wesley wiggled his eyebrows. "I don't even know him. who is he?"

"He works for Lucas."

Nate slammed the soda can down on the table. "I work with Lucas." He corrected.

"Same thing." Adam shrugged, sitting on the spot Sean was a few seconds ago.

Wesley sighed, sitting next to Adam. "Man, y'all bunch of kids have me feeling some kinda way."

"This is happening because of you." Claire clarified, rolling her eyes so hard that she saw stars.

"I didn't ask." He snapped, almost sticking his tongue out, before telling himself that he needed to behave and that he was the oldest among everyone.

"And why do you want him to stay with me?"

She looked at Nate for a second, because she had too many reasons as to why, and didn't know which one would sound convincing.

"He's broke." Adam blurted out.

"What?"

"No wait, he's homeless."

"Dude, Adam, shut up."

"Or like, he's got no food-"

"Not true at all, I have money, I have a hotel room, I have food-"

Claire squeezed her eyes shut in annoyance, taking a deep breath. The reason why Wesley was to stay here, yes, it's right at the tip of her tongue. She just need to form a right sentence.

She can't disclose the fact that she looked through Lucas' phone and found out that there are men trying to track down Wesley.

So how should she say it to make it convincing?

"Lucas won't find him here." She said. "Lucas trusts you enough to not suspect you."

Nate smiled smugly. "Lucas comes here too often."

"I don't think so." Claire shook her head. "Not anymore."

"What do you mean?"

"We'll keep him occupied from now on, of course."