14

This one.

"This is the room." Claire peeked inside, head popping in and eyes wandering around. "I'm pretty sure Lucas stays here."

"Hey check this out." Adam called, grabbing Claire's attention from down the hallway, as he held another door open. "This looks like a room where Lucas would work."

"You mean his office?"

"People have their office at home?" Adam raised his eyebrows.

".. sure? Why not?" Claire retorted, walking past Adam into the office.

The atmosphere here was tense, and Claire could feel it in her spine. Anyone could walk in anytime.

Lucas could walk in anytime.

And if anyone had ever seen them sneaking up, then they'd definitely be caught. Thrown out even.

There was a table filled with files and documents, a laptop closed, a chair drawn back from the table. A couch in the corner of the room and drawers beside the couch.

"I guess you could look into this." Claire told Adam, and smiled. "I'm already drowsy just by entering this room. How boring."

"What- how will I do this on my own?" Adam complained, ceasing his eyebrows together.

"You got this." She flashed him a thumbs up and backed off. "Imma check his room."

Maybe Adam saw it wrong, but he was sure she winked at what she had said before taking off. Even then, he still had to rummage through this room without giving it away.

He sighed.

What a long night this had turned into.

He wanted some wine. And rich snacks. He wanted to taste the rich alcohol. Man, what the fuck was he doing here?

While Adam was going through a crisis, I mean, a little discomfort, Claire was totally opening all doors of walk in closet in Lucas' room.

She was looking through them, sliding out all the drawers. She even found few things that should remain.. in the bedroom and she moved on.

Well, to her dismay, she spent almost an hour here but found nothing.

Claire pulled out her phone when it buzzed in her pocket and stared at it for a second.

Adam: I don't know what these papers are. I don't know to read these signatures

Claire: check for the company seals maybe?

Adam: I've got a few industries here.

Claire: are they important?

Adam: I don't think so

Claire: anything else?

Adam: nothing. Wbu?

Claire: nothing at all. Lucas' room looks like it hasn't been touched.