18

Claire: Mom wants me home. Don't expect me in room tonight. I'm sorry.

This'd do, right?

Actually, she didn't wanna meet Adam. He'd attack her with questions she wasn't ready to answer. Even if Adam knew her better than her own parents.

She held the burning straw in her mouth and took a drag. She felt quite relieved when her insides burnt.

(A/n yeha no I don't recommend this shit. Don't do it it, just coz Claire won't die from cancer, doesn't mean you won't too.)

Claire blew out the smoke, and sighed, hooded eyes staring down at the mug of coffee. She was tired of coffee, but that didn't stop her from drinking it. Too much caffeine helped her hallucinate her story, believe it or not, she got some pretty good ideas from it.

Adam: oh, that's fine.

Adam: are you okay though? You took off

Claire looked at his messages, but didn't bother replying. She placed her phone on the table in front of her in the cafe she came to a few days ago, and took another drag of the smoke.

Jokes on her, she couldn't handle a little bit of information on someone who she didn't cate about anymore.

"Excuse me, ma'am?" A waitress walks over, "Would you like to order something else?"

"No, the check, please." She answered, putting out the cigarette.

"It has already been paid, ma'am."

Claire's head shot up and her eyebrows furrowed immediately. "Who the fuck?"

The lady stretched her arm out and gestured towards a man sitting at the end of the cafe. He looked over, with a smile and a small wave.

"Have a good day." The waitress spoke as Claire stood up and bathed her way towards the said man, who only followed her every move.

She pulled out some cash from her back pocket and slammed it against the guy's table. "Thank you so much, but it wasn't necessary."

"Calm down, Claire. You can buy for me next time if it bothers you." Lucas says, resting his head on his palms while leaning against the side of the table

"I don't wanna." Claire smiles sweetly.

Don't know what took over her, because just a while ago she was feeling enraged about not being able to help Lucas out of his situation, yet, when he did such stuff, it put her mood off so much, she hated it.

"Oh cmon. Have a seat, and we can discuss it through another mug of coffee." Lucas said, the smile still on, and he takes off his sunglasses, and places them aside. 

"I've had enough of it today." Claire replies, but sits down anyway. She is instantly met with those eyes that she always loved looking at. She clears her throat, "What do you want to talk about?"

"Things." Lucas shrugged his shoulders lightly and a small laughter erupts from down his throat. He had gained so much confidence during these years. He had so much of it, that Claire could see it sleeping through his aura.

"What things?"

"About you." He smiled again. "How have you been?"

"That's what you wanna talk about?" Claire asked, a little taken aback at that. Nonetheless, she put on her own act by folding her legs one over the other, leaning back in her chair and looking at him piercingly. She stretched her arms out and leaned against the arm chair.

"Yes." he answered.

"I've been amazing, baby." That's what she wanted to say so badly, but ended up saying, "Good, I guess. Ya know how it goes for people like me."

"I don't. Tell me." Lucas laughed heartily m eyes crinkling. He had grown into a man so beautiful, that Claire's words were caught up and choked upon.

She looked down, not wanting to meet his eyes, or want any of the feelings have anything to do with him.

"I'm living." She said, "What more do I want?"

Lucas' eyes lingered over her lips, and the way she spoke. He looked at the way she was sitting and how she looked ready to admit that she was the mafia queen.

"So, what about yesterday?" Lucas asked, his smile never faltering.

Her lips twitched, and she looked back up. "What?"

"You think I'd have not noticed?"

Claire's finger nails softly pierced into her own skin, and she tried to sit up straight. "Notice what?"

"You went home early, of course. You found it boring, didn't you? I didn't get a chance to talk to you, I apologise for that." He looked over at the table Claire was previously sitting on, "And the reason why I paid for your coffee." His lips curved even further. "You gotta make up for it."

"That's very sweet of you, Mr. Clark." Claire smiled back, extremely relieved that Lucas was absolutely clueless. "It wasn't necessary. I wasn't very disappointed."

"Please." Lucas holds out a hand. "Call me Lucas."

Yeah no shit, bro. She didn't wanna call him by his name. It did things to her from the inside,

"Okay." She agreed nonetheless less. "Lucas."

She would be lying if she said she hadn't seen his jaw tighten at that exact moment.

"Are you free today?" Lucas asked, his tone playful, but his eyes never looked like he was enjoying this either.

"I guess." Claire smirked. "What plans do you have for me, Lucas?"

"Not many. Just got the day off, and since we're here, would definitely love catching upon things. What do you say?"

Claire's resting bitch face which she forgot that she could pull off, was back, and she stared at him for a moment.

She wanted to see if she still had the same effect on him. If her tone and her gaze could still play with his feelings. But she figured, he was way too good at hiding it now.

He didn't need alcohol anymore to turn him into daddy material— I mean turn him into a confident person.

Underneath that face, Claire knew the real him.

She knew that all of this was just.. the good boy's facade.

.
.
.
.

I TOLD YOU LUCAS CONTENT