Chapter 23: Doubted Love

Hey! Ho!
So I just wanted to change something,
could we just say that Jungkook was cursed to forget a feeling? which is love? Alright? Okay! You may now proceed!

-------

My eyes turned red and I transformed into my vampire, without me knowing. I was shaking in anger. I crumpled the letters in my hand and went out of his office. A lot of the servants tried to stop me from going out of the gates, but I pushed them out of my way.

"Y/n, what do you think are you doing?" That deep voice that I heard triggered me. I ran in inhumanely speed towards him. "You call yourself a King?! A man?! I trusted you!" I tried to punch him, but he dodged my fist. "I trusted you, you jerk!" I tried to punch him once again, but he held my hand pulled me closer.

"I will never keep a promise to a peasant like you." With his vicious words, I walked backwards and swore something before running away.

"I will make sure that you will regret this."

----------------

"Queen Y/n! Are you here to save us?!!!" Children started gathering around me when I entered the gates of the Kingdom. They were all looking so dirty and so thin. They looked at me with hope in their eyes.

"Yes, I will save you all. I will do my best to protect you, little ones." I said with a smile and ruffled their hairs. They all cheered in joy, while I secretly wiped my tears away.

This kingdom that I love, I will never give up on them. I walked towards the castle, with my people behind me. All of them were so happy, knowing that they would have a little hope.

When I arrived in the gates, the guards of the North Kingdom opened it for me. "Queen Y/n, Why are you here? King Jungkook will get mad at us if he will know that you are here." One of them said with his head down, his voice was shaking.

"Leave. Go back to your Kingdom and tell your King to prepare himself for a war." Surprisingly, he nodded and called all of the other North Vliants. I released a sigh and moved forward. "Y/n!" My uncle shouted and ran towards me. I did the same and we shared a big hug.

"How did you get here? Did Jungkook allow you to?" He asked in worry after breaking the hug. "Uncle, I don't want to talk about it. He broke his promise." I was angry at him and uncle could see it. "But... What now?" He asked.

"Prepare our Vliants." I ordered him and went to my room to remove the dress I was wearing. I changed into my fighting clothes and went outside the castle to see the Vliants ready.

"The training were gonna have will be a hundred times harder than what we used to do. So I want y'all to say your last goodbyes to your family as soon as you go home, cause after that, you'll never know if you'll still be alive after the war or not." I said carelessly. I know that it was hard for them to do it, but if they wouldn't, then who would protect their family.

"If you don't want to join this war and protect our Kingdom and family, then you are free to go." None of them left their line which made me glad. "Then... Are you ready?" I yelled at them.

"Yes, Ma'am!!!" They shouted in unison. I then started training them, with the help of uncle. I didn't even listen to him when he was saying that the Vliants were tired.

We trained for hours until it was already midnight. I saw how tired they were so I let them go home.

"Your bath is ready, Miss Y/n." Said the maid. I smiled at her and walked towards my room then to my bathroom.

I slowly stripped my clothes off me and dipped myself in the warm water in the tub. I relaxed myself and closed my eyes.

-------