FORTY SIX !

stella so wished she could just say that they were rumours. people making things up to mess with her emotional stability. but they weren't just rumours. no, they were the unbearable truth. perhaps that's why she couldn't escape everybody's talks, because you can't hide from the truth.

stella's suspicions grew along side the countdown to the new year, still no call from harvey to her phone. she assumed he was busy, or even drunk, and decided not call and wait to see if he did; which he didn't.

it wasn't until the following morning that stella saw the circulation posted by various fan accounts on instagram. multiple posts claiming harvey was a 'cheater' and discussing the events of the following night. stella, being the nice person she is, decided to give harvey the benefit of the doubt and store these posts away as just simple rumours.

and that's when she saw the photo.

him.

her.

proof.

her arms entangled in his hair, the same way stella's once had been. her legs wrapped firmly around his torso as he kept her propped up against the wall, their lips connected in a seemingly fiery lip-lock.

it was stella's worst nightmare.

she always had the thought lingering in the back of her mind that harvey was THAT guy, but she always came to the conclusion of it being impossible. he seemed so kind and considerate when around her and to see him do something as spiteful as to cheat made her feel sick to her stomach.

the pit where butterflies had once blossomed and fluttered was now transformed into a sea of sorrow and heartbreak. it wasn't a good feeling. the one person in the world stella had placed all of her love into, the one person stella had completely allowed herself to open up to, the one person in the entire world that made stella feel special, like she didn't have to hide who she was, was the one person that played her like a fool.

everything they had.

gone.

there was no coming back from this.

no words harvey could say to make her forgive him. no kiss he could give to seal up her newly open wound.

he broke her.

she loved him and he broke her.

stella didn't even wish she could go back in time and call harvey before the kiss happened because now she saw who he really was. a spiteful, horny teenage boy not caring about the feelings of his significant other who he claims to 'love'. he'd filled her up with lies to break her walls down.

but now she was just broken.

no walls, no protection.

numb.