FIFTY ONE !

"no she fucking doesn't."

to stella, it didn't come as a surprise when her ex boyfriends unmistakable raspy voice sounded from behind her. in fact, it had been just a few moments prior that she had wondered what harvey would do if he was to be here listening to sam's confession. and it seemed the universe heard her internal thought and dealt her accordingly.

stella didn't need to turn around to see the anger presented on harvey's face. not only was his rage clear in his tone, but sam's face proved it. she watched as his confident smirk morphed into something less smug. he looked as though he had lost his breath from how it had played out, backfiring on him.

sam didn't look scared, no. stella didn't blame him either. her ex boyfriend wasn't some beastly, god-like heavy weight wrestler. he was slightly scrawny. he had muscles, sure, but they weren't anything to run for the hills over.

stella felt a familiar pair of hands take grip on her shoulders, like some testosterone-fuelled, alpha-male move. stella moved swiftly from harvey's grip, turning to face him this time. however harvey didn't meet her eyes. he kept his glare fixated on the cocky boy before him.

"i assume you're sam, correct?"

sam gulped before nodding, "and you're harvey?"

stella wanted to speak but the words couldn't form. she stood there, frozen and unable to move or think quick enough to stop any upcoming argument.

harvey nodded confidently, "look man, i have to ask. what the fuck do you think you're doing?"

the vulgar comment came from harvey's mouth entangled with rage. stella flickered her gaze from her ex to her best friend, watching as his mouth formed into a gaping 'o' shape. the shock was clear on his face, he was too disoriented to hide it. when admitting his unrequited feelings to his best friend he originally only considered the options of 'yes' or 'no', not the outcome of her ex boyfriend who resided over an hour away turning up to witness it all.

sam's mouth gaped but no sound came out. he inhaled deeply before building his response, "i—we were just talking."

"listen here you fucki-"

"harvey," stella finally cut in, looking up at the boy with his favourite doe-wide eyes, "nothing happened," she spoke, the look harvey had perfectly crafted for sam disappearing as soon as he met eyes with her, "and nothing was going to happen."

harvey flickered his glance back up at sam, sam still wearing the shock on his face, and then back down to stella. "come on, we should go," stella said, trying to diffuse the situation before it escalated by removing the main fuel. she took harvey's hand and began dragging him away.

sam closed his eyes at the blatant rejection. "stella, i'm sorry," he called, disappointment lacing his tone, "i just always thought—"

"well you fucking thought wrong," harvey seethed, his jaw slack.

"harvey!" stella exclaimed, pulling her ex back by his hand, "let's go." the girl flashed a small smile at her best friend — or former best friend based on the actions today — and then continued walking her ex boy friend to her house.

"i was always suspicious of that guy," harvey muttered as he entered the home he had grew to know so well, the sky blue walls welcoming him as he entered, unlike his former girlfriend who shot him a disappointed glare. "what?" harvey asked.

"why are you here, harvey?" stella asked, her petite figure leaning against her front door as she looked upwards towards the boy she loved so regretfully.

as if on cue, rex came running into the hallway. he was always able to detect stella's sadness and right now she was at her weakest, so he came with the intention of comfort.

harvey looked down at the silky, black pup he had heard so much about. stella kneeled to greet her side kick, hugging him tightly. "harvey, meet rex...i guess."

harvey kneeled beside the blonde, admiring the pup before him and beginning to stroke him softly.
rex turned his wide, black eyes to face the boy and stuck out his tongue affectionately. "i think he likes me," harvey joked.

"that makes one of us," stella muttered.

harvey sighed at the girls comment, "i always hoped i'd meet rex under nicer circumstances."

the pair sat in silence for a short while, simply petting the confused dog before them.

"why did you do it?" stella whispered, a sorrowful tear had now fallen down her rosy cheek and harvey was quick to wipe it away. he hated seeing her upset and what hurt him most was that he had been the one to upset her.

"i don't know, if i'm honest. i missed you and i guess i just got overwhelmed," harvey replied. stella could tell he regretted it and a small part of her pitied the boy and the mess he had caused for himself, but that didn't change the fact that she was also hurting. "stella, i'm really really sorry. i never meant to hurt you and it's killing me that i did, i'll do anything i can you make it up to you."

by this point the tears were beginning to fall faster. stella felt as though she was going to throw up, harvey's words being drowned out by the vision in her mind of him pulling jess closer and connecting their lips.

stella placed her forehead against rex, refusing to let harvey see her crying. "right now, all you can do is give me some space."

harvey's heart ached at the words, but he accepted. he stood from his position on the floor and placed his hand on the door handle, "i'm really sorry, stella," he spoke one last time before turning and leaving the house. as much as he didn't want to leave, he knew she needed time and space which he needed to respect.

brick by brick, stella's walls came tumbling down. the beads of water started falling down one after the other, with no sign of stopping.

rex let out a sympathetic whimper and licked the girls forehead. stella chuckled. she turned to look out of the window as harvey's car left her pathway.

"you see that boy rex? we love him. but he hurt us and now, we can't forgive him."

-
hiii! decided not to leave you all on the cliffhanger and post one last time today but noww you'll have to wait ;) anyway i kept forgetting rex so here he is. stella and harvey said💔💔💔💔 - amelia