9. Too Early To Decide

BLOOD SLAVES

CHAPTER 9 – TOO EARLY TO DECIDE

That day, Alexander did all the things for her. He personally toured her around the house. It was just the same mansion as she'd been before. There were unique designs such as the intricate markings and colour of the walls, the bright chandeliers, antique vases, paintings of different sceneries, and much more. She could see extravagance and richness inside the house based on its designs and expensive furniture. Same as those mansions where she was trapped as a slave.

The only different thing was its atmosphere. If Andi felt she was trapped in those houses, here she felt so free. She was comfortable. She felt secure and safe. And she couldn't understand it. Was it because of Alexander's presence?

Sa sobrang pag-iisip n'ya ay hindi na niya namalayan na huminto si Alexander sa paglalakad kaya't siya'y bumunggo sa likuran nito. Napahawak agad siya sa kanyang noo at tumingala sa katangkad-tangkad na binata.

Alexander smiled. "Something bothering you?" tanong nito.

Yumuko agad si Andi at sumagot, "Napapaisip lang."

"Kagaya ng?"

She couldn't say that to him. Those things she was thinking. Because it was about him. It was him who was running inside her mind all day. Lumunok siya at muling sumagot, "W-walang tao rito bukod sa 'yo? Sa pamamahay na 'to?"

Hindi agad sumagot si Alexander kaya't muli siyang tumingala at tumingin sa binata. Nakatingin pa rin ito sa kanya. Natahimik saglit ang binata ngunit muli rin itong sumagot, "There are employees who work here to maintain the house. They all lived in the back house."

Alexander looked closer to her and smiled more. "And you're still curious, aren't you?"

Hindi na naka-react pa si Andi sa sinabi nito.

"I have two personal assistants. One who helps me for ordinary human business and the other one helps me for inhuman stuffs."

Naintindihan agad ni Andi ang huling mga salita na sinabi ni Alexander. She completely understood that it was all about for that stuff—for vampires. And come to think of it, she still didn't know who he really was and what his standing in the vampire community was. But after what he had done to that place, she could only think of one thing. Alexander and his brother who saved her that night were no ordinary vampires. So if not, sino nga ba talaga sila sa mundo ng mga bampira?

"And they do know who and what I am," dugtong pa ni Alexander.

"Alam nilang bampira ka?"

Tumango si Alexander. "The salary is high. It's a risk but those people need it. And even if they attempted to share my identity, do you think they will be able to succeed?"

Alexander only smiled. Andi once again understood the situation. If Alexander and his brother could easily kill the one who managed the Underground, then this matter was easy for him. Just how much power does he have? Muling nagsalubong ang kilay ni Andi sa kakaisip. She couldn't think of any. She had been to many vampire families. And those vampires were rich and noble. They were different to a normal vampire. They also had power. But Alexander... she couldn't really guess. Was he more powerful than those vampires she had met before? At kung totoo nga, tama nga ba talagang sumugal siya sa alok nito? Was she regretting it? Not yet and not for now.

"You're free to use everything here," wika muli ni Alexander.

Nagsalubong ang mga kilay ni Andi. "Lahat?" tanong niya.

Alexander nodded. "Everything."

"Including me," dugtong pa nito saka ito muling ngumiti.

Naka-ilang kurap pa si Andi bago ito tuluyang magsink in sa utak niya. Agad siyang umiwas ng tingin sa binata.