11. Bad News

BLOOD SLAVES

CHAPTER 11 – BAD NEWS

Every day Andi would sit beside the window and drink her coffee peacefully. All-day her mind would be in a complete mess trying to sort out how she would explain everything to Alexander. Right after she and Maru talked, she stayed in the living room until the evening. She was readying herself, taking notes, and being careful to pick the right words so there would be no misunderstandings. Yet when she went down to the dining room, she was greeted by all the employees and she couldn't find him. She was told that the three went outside in a hurry as if there was an emergency. Still, Alexander didn't forget her and reminded the employees to take care of her.

He also left a note for her.

I'll be back late. Eat, Andi. Don't wait for me if you're too sleepy. I'll be back as soon as I can.

That night, she ate alone inside a big dining room and at a long dining table.

She went back to his room. She cleaned herself and took a good and refreshing shower. There was already a set of clothes on the bed when she went out of the bathroom. She stayed there inside the room, sat on the bed, and patiently waited for him but he didn't come. She fell asleep because she couldn't wait any longer. She then was bothered by her nightmares every night again.

This was her constant routine every day while she was waiting for him to come home. She would just sit idly in the living room while drinking coffee. Sometimes she would walk around the house and check every room to see interesting things. She would eat five times a day. Breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner, and another midnight snack as she couldn't really sleep. Every day right after she took her walk, she would go back to the living room and look outside expecting to see him, but there was no trace of that man.

It was already been a week since the last time she saw Alexander and she was getting worried.

"Madame, kararating lamang po ng mga bagong damit at mga bago niyong gamit. Ipapadala ko na lang po ba 'to sa kuwarto mo?" tanong ni Dana. Ito rin ang unang empleyado na nagsilbi sa kanya. Ito na rin tila ang personal maid niya dahil ito ang laging tumutulong sa kanya araw-araw.

Ang kuwarto naman na tinutukoy ni Dana ay ang bagong gawang kuwarto para sa kanya. Kinabukasan nang sinabi sa kanya ni Alexander na bibigyan siya nito ng sariling kuwarto ay ibinalita rin agad ni Dana ang kanyang bagong kuwarto.

When she saw the room, she was surprised. It was a big and spacey room. She had her own bathroom, closet, large bed, and even a personal space where she could do her own stuff. There was a computer, a bunch of bookshelves, paintings, and other decorations hanged on the wall. She was in awe as she stood there at the door, unable to move her own feet.

Unti-unting dumadami ang mga damit araw-araw dahil araw-araw din ang pagdating mga gamit na ibinili para sa kanya ni Alexander. Ngunit kahit may sarili siyang kuwarto ay bumabalik pa rin siya sa kuwarto ng binata para doon matulog. Mas komportable at tila mas nakakasiguro siyang ligtas siya sa kuwarto nito.

Tumango lamang si Andi sa katanungan ni Dana habang tahimik itong nakaupo sa paborito niyang puwesto at iniinom ang kapeng itinimpla para sa kanya ng dalaga.

Kalmado man siya kung makita ng mga empleyado ngunit sa totoo n'yan ay hindi na ito mapakali. Iniisip niya kung mayroon bang paraan para ma-contact si Alexander. Usong-uso na ang cellphone sa panahon ngayon at sobrang advance na ng teknolohiya.

"Dana, alam niyo ba kung may telepono si Alexander?"

Napahinto saglit si Dana nang magtanong si Andi sa kanya. Napaisip din ito kung nakita niya nga ba ang kanyang amo na may dala-dalang telepono.