(VII) Not Much Has Changed

Alexia's POV

"You're such a snob"I exclaimed, struggling to carry a bag two times my size.

Emilio calmy stood by his car with his hands stuffed in the pockets of his sweatpants."I wish you came with an off button. You're gonna make me late. I still have classes you know."

"I wish I had a fuck to give. Come and help me with these bags, idiot."

More than a week had passed since the little accident at the park and Emilio had returned to his old ways. We made a pact that I would help him with math if he allowed me to stay at his place for the rest of semester. We argued back and forth fir hours until he gave in. I was a great debater and I was also very determined.

Today we went to my dorm to pick up my stuff. Me had Emilio had Economics at 8 and we got up a little late. I was still having headaches but I felt way better and the hospital called to say I should be able to return to classes.

Emilio opened the door of the car and hopped inside." You're making me regret agreeing to your scheme. Why didn't I just kick you out when I had the chance?"

"I'm glad this will all be over in a couple of months. I can't wait for the semester to end. I won't have to tolerate you anymore."

"Likewise. So far the only thing you've  managed to do is get yourself into trouble and draw unwanted attention to yourself."

I truly believed Emilio was a nice guy but he wouldn't care to admit it. He'd rather eat his shoe than show me who he truly is.

I threw the last of my bags in the trunk and plopped down in the passenger side of the vehicle.

"Be careful not to hurt my seat. You weigh like a ton," said Emilio, eyeing me from my left. Ugh! He knew all the buttons he had to push to make me irritated.

I looked at him in scrutiny and mumbled, " You do know that the car doesn't have any feelings right?"

"It does, this is my baby. You already hurt her once,I won't allow you to do it again. Guys and their cars. I see Emilo has the type of guy to cry over a small scratch on his car and spend his last dollar to take his car to the garage. He was referring to the time he hit me with his baby.  He was still saying I hit his car and it wasn't the other way around. He could be irritating at times. Who was I kidding? He always found a way to get me worked up.

We decided that we would leave all the stuff in the car until our class ended, then we would just head back home.

We walked into the gigantic classroom and took our seats. Emilio sat two seats behind me. The professor handed back some papers we did earlier on in the year. I smiled down at my paper and an A smiled back. I was very proud of my performance. Economics involved a lot of numbers so I started wondering how Emilio did. Why was my mind doing this? Why were all of my thoughts being traced back to him? Well may be because we now lived under the same roof and we would be spending even more time together because of our agreement.

"Thud"

I held the back of my head and turned around glaring at Emilio. If looks could kill...

He smiled sheepishly and gestured for me to read the paper that he hit me with.

I leaned over and took up the paper which read:

Meet at the library. It's very important ⚠️

I sprung out of my chair and walked out of the class trying to call as little as possible attention to myself. Emilio did the same.