The Horn of Jurgen Windcaller

Outside it's crisp and cold, but the sun is out and it's a relatively clear day. If I squint, I can see the surrounding plains of the Throat of the World.

"Let's do this," I beam at Master Borri, who doesn't answer me.

"We will now see how you learn a completely new Shout. Master Borri will teach you 'Wuld' which means Whirlwind," Arngeir informs me.

Borri projects the word onto the ground for me to read and understand.

Wuld.

"Wuld," I whisper to myself.

"Approach Master Borri and he will gift you his knowledge of Wuld," Arngeir instructs me.

I do as he says and the knowledge of the word rushes over me. I had felt drained from doing the Unrelenting Force shout so often, but this new word has awoken me again. It feels like I'm finally getting somewhere with my Dragonborn destiny.

"Thank you," I say earnestly to Borri.

"Now we will see how quickly you can master a new shout," Arngeir declares. He walks towards a gate at the courtyard that doesn't seem to lead to anywhere."Master Wulfgar will demonstrate Whirlwind Sprint. Then it will be your turn,"

Before I realise what's going on, Borri has the gate open and Wulfgar leaps through the opening of the gate with a speed I've never seen before.

"Wow," my eyes widen.

"Now it is your turn. Stand next to me. Master Borri will open the gate. Use your Whirlwind Sprint to pass through before it closes," Arngeir gestures to where I should stand.

"But-"

"Stand next to me, and prepare your Whirlwind Sprint. Master Borri will give the signal," Arngeir insists.

I take a deep breath. What if I move too fast and too far and go right off the mountain? No. I can do this. I'll show the Greybeards who the master of Shouting is. I'm briefly surprised by how arrogant that sounded. I've always been confident, but never enough for it to be arrogant. That, alongside this constant feeling of nerves and that something is going to go wrong at any moment, are very new feelings I've been having since coming to Skyrim.

Suddenly, the gate is open and I have no time to lose.

"Wuld!" I Shout and I feel myself whirling past the columns and through the open gate. I grin. "I did it!"

"Your quick mastery of a new Thu'um is... astonishing. I'd heard the stories of the abilities of Dragonborn, but to see it for myself..." Arngeir seems genuinely shocked.

"I thought it was this easy for everyone," I catch myself off-guard with the arrogance once again. Calm down, Skylar.

"No. Indeed not. But beware that your skill does not outstrip your wisdom," Arngeir has an edge to his tone.

I suddenly feel very put in my place. "I don't know how I do it. It just happens," I say honestly.

Arngeir seems sympathetic. "You were given this gift by the gods for a reason. It is up to you to figure out how best to use it,"

"Thank you...what's next?" I ask eagerly.

"You are now ready for your last trial," Arngeir says grandly. "Retrieve the Horn of Jurgen Windcaller, our founder, from his tomb in the ancient fane of Ustengrav. Remain true to the Way of the Voice, and you will return,"

Is that it?

"Who was Jurgen Windcaller?" I blurt out.

"He was a great war leader of the ancient Nords, a master of the Voice, or Tongue. After the disaster at the Red Mountain, where the Nord army was annihilated, he spent many years pondering the meaning of that terrible defeat," Arngeir explains. "He finally came to realize that the gods had punished the Nords for their arrogant and blasphemous misuse of the Voice. He was the first to understand that the Voice should be used solely for the glory and worship of the gods, not the glory of men. Jurgen Windcaller's mastery of the Voice eventually overcame all opposition, and the Way of the Voice was born,"