Ruby Rose

It was a night in vale when it all went down. Roman Torchwich, an infamous criminal was robbing a dust store called dust to dawn. In this dust shop were a scared owner and a teenager who didn't hear a thing because of her headphones. Roman orders his goons to get her when she throws a goon out the store through the window. Unfortunately, that's when (Y/N) was walking through the street, hoping to find a better place to sleep. He nearly passed out then and there, when the goon crashed into him. He instantly got pissed and looked around for the culprit when he saw the teenager and Roman fighting. (Y/N) immediately went to help the girl with the criminal because he had questions he needed to ask Roman. He couldn't just join in since he would've gotten hit any which way but decided its best to stay back when Roman shot dust round at her. She quickly recovers, but I don't care since I see roman running to a latter.

"Roman!" (Y/N) shouts as Roman is nearly at the top. He looks down and hesitates to answer.

"Why are you here kid. I thought I told you to scram!" He says with as much of an angry face as he could muster against (Y/N). 

"Because I have nowhere to go and I'm too tired to go somewhere else!" (Y/N) shouts as he starts climbing. 

Roman decided that arguing is pointless and walks to the edge of the building. 'Red' as Roman called her shows up a bit before (Y/N) can get on the roof.

"Hey!" The girl shouts.

"Persistent." Roman gets on the bullhead that rose from behind the building. (Y/N) swore he heard a sorry coming from Roman before he spoke a line that hurt him. 

"End of the line Red, Kid" Roman then throws a fire crystal before he shoots it. (Y/N) looks at him with a sad look before the explosion happens. a glitchy green aura is seen around (Y/N) before a man rushes towards the bullhead. This man looked like Roman, but he didn't have a cane. He quickly got in the bullhead as he started to fight the real Roman.

The dust settled and a blonde woman was standing in front of the pair with a purple shield in front of her. (Y/N) just watched as Roman kicked the fake out and rushed to the cockpit.

"We got a huntress!" He screams as the pilot gets up and heads towards the opening to fight. The mysterious figure then shoots a ball of fire towards the huntress as she blocks it from the teenagers. (Y/N) watches the fight before he uses his semblance again and creates a copy of the attacker. Although he could've made an identical copy, he didn't want people to know he had great vision thanks to his Faunus heritage. The copy starts to fire at the bullhead as well, and it starts to take damage.

Eventually, they manage to escape because (Y/N) fell asleep and used him as bait. That's when the teen girl starts speaking.

"You're a huntress! Can I have your autograph!" She beams with excitement. The huntress just sighs as she uses her semblance to pick up (Y/N) while the clone of the attacker follows. 

They arrive shortly after to a police station where they are seated and the huntress is pacing back and forth.

"I hope you realize that your actions tonight will not be taken lightly! You put yourselves and others in great danger."

"They started it!" She rebuts, waking up (Y/N) who isn't happy he's awake.

"If it were up to me I would send you home with a pat on the back." which gets the girls hopeful until "And a slap on the wrist!" She says before slapping the table, startling the girl and fully awakening (Y/N).

"But there's someone who would like to meet you both." She steps to the side as a grey-haired man walks in with a plate of cookies and a mug.

"Ruby Rose You... Have silver eyes. So! Where did you learn to do this?" He says as he shows her a tablet that recalls her fight with Roman.

"S-signal academy"

 "They taught you to use one of the most dangerous weapons ever designed?"

"Well one teacher in particular,"  Ruby says as she picks up a cookie.

"I see. It's just that I've only seen one other scythe-wielder of that skill before. A dusty, old crow."

"*Muffled*thas mu unkle," She says before swallowing "Sorry. That's my uncle Qrow! He's a teacher a signal. I was complete garbage before he took me under his wing. Now I'm all like *insert karate noises*"

"And you young man?"

"I didn't fight." (Y/N) says tiredly, which annoys the Huntress.

"But you used your semblance to fight alongside her did you not? You even copied the attacker and used her" he points towards the still active clone" to help out."

"While that may be true, I am not who you think I am."

"So your not (Y/N) (L/N) then?"

"I am but a promise made to that person. I am a shell who uses his name and his personality to live the life that was robbed from him due to unfortunate events. I truly shouldn't be alive."

"Don't say that!" Ruby screamed. "You helped out. You are a great person. You have your own right to be alive!"

"While that may be true, I don't have my own personality. I am a dead man walking. But to honor that promise I got involved in the fight. That's the only reason I helped."

"Well then, young man. What do you want to do?"

This left '(Y/N)' to think. He truly never thought of this. 

"Would you like to come to my school?" He then asks.

"More than anything!" Ruby says 

"Will I have to fight?" (Y/N) then asks.

"It is a school built for people to become huntsmen and huntresses." The professor responds.

"Then-" (Y/N) gets cut off by himself since he passes out from exhaustion.

Ruby starts to freak out while Ozpin sits astonished and the huntress begins to help the young man. 

"He's ok, he just needs rest. It seems like he hasn't slept in a few days." The huntress says to Ozpin while he thinks. 

"We'll take him to Beacon. And we hope to see you there Ruby." Ozpin says before getting up and leaving with the huntress and (Y/N) behind him.