𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝟕.

***

I opened my eyes but quickly shut them due to the bright light peeking from the blinds. I waited awhile to adjust and sat up on the bed.

I looked around and noticed quickly that this wasn't my room. I began to panic but was greeted when King came into the room.

My worries went away when I seen King come inside with a bottle of water.

"Take those girl." He said pointing to the nightstand.

I looked over and seen a bottle of water and some Advil. I thanked him quietly and took it.

I laid down and stared at the ceiling.

"King did we?" I said leading on.

He frowned as if he didn't know what I was talking about.

"Did we have sex?"

He shook his head and sat beside me on the bed.

It was quiet for a moment until he spoke up.

"I can't really cook so I called my mama over to cook for us."

I laughed and stood up. "It's okay King. Do you have a spare toothbrush?"

He nodded and stood up leading me to his personal bathroom. He handed me everything I need and left me to myself.

***

"Mama you do not need to tell everybody that story." King said standing up and taking everyone plates. I thanked him quietly when he grabbed mine.

"Yes I do, you were so precious back then." She said smiling.

"You tryna say I'm not precious now." He said standing beside me.

I got a whiff of his cologne lingering on his body and closed my eyes.

"You know what I mean. Anyways I have to go my favorite child." She said standing up and pushing her chair in.

He walked her to the door and said their goodbyes.

I stood up as well making my way back upstairs to get my things.

I came back down and walked around looking for King till I seen him in the living room playing his game.

"I hate to interrupt but can you take me home please?" I said sitting beside him.

He nodded and grabbed his coat that was behind him. We walked to the door and he let me out first.

I walked to his car and waited till he unlocked it.

Once he did I got in and immediately buckled up. He started up the car and pulled out of his driveway.

"You going to your mamas house?" He asked looking over at me then back to the road.

"Actually I'm going to my house. Just turn on this street and keep going straight." I said pointing out.

"Oh you right down the street. That means I can come over anytime huh?" He said looking over at me smirking.

"I mean if you want that's cool." I said looking down playing with my fingers.

I heard him laugh which put a smile on my face.

***

"This house right here." I said leaning forward a little.

He pulled into my driveway and put his car in park. We both got out and made our way to the front door.

"I'll see you later Mani." He said looking down at me.

"Same, and thanks for taking care of me at the party." I said keeping eye contact.

"I wouldn't let yo' lil ass get hurt." He said slightly smiling.

It got quiet for a moment, neither of us saying anything.

I couldn't take the eye contact we had going so I looked down, but I immediately felt a hand on my chin lifting my head up.

He stared at me for a moment and started to lean in. I felt my heart rate increase and followed his actions.

As I got closer I closed my eyes and could feel his breath on my lips.

But our little moment was cut short when the front door swung open revealing Deja and Quan.

"Well well well, look what we have here." Quan said folding his arms.

"You got the nerve showing up here after you left me at the party." Deja said hitting me on my arm.

"I do live here." I said rubbing the spot she hit.

"How you just gon' leave me like that bro? I could've got kidnapped." Quan said pulling King into a hug.

King pushed him away and shook his head. "Don't nobody want yo' grown ass boy."

"Yeah whatever, next time let me know when you finna go do the nasty nigga." He said walking off the porch towards King's car.

"Same for you Mani." Deja said pointing and walking back into the house.

I looked at King to see him already looking at me.

"I'll see you later foreal this time girl." He said pulling me into a hug.

I wrapped my arms around his waist just to get a smell of his cologne.

Something I could get use to.

"Bye King."

"Bye Normani." He said walking away to his car.

I went inside and locked the door behind me.

***

Chapter 7.

Longer Chapters Soon.

Word Count: 832