pitaya x knight | threatening

[art by @ghostofsavefox on tumblr!!]

request for Koro_the_baker

Summary: The dragon's looks may be deceiving, but when she reveals her cookie form to Knight, what's his reaction?
Ship: Pitaya Dragon Cookie x Knight Cookie (PitayaKnight)
Type: Fluff
Notes:
- Pitaya is female by request

The armored cookie didn't know when the heat started to accumulate around him. He couldn't feel the heat through his Icewind steel armor. He did know, though, when he made it to the valley of magma simply by using his eyes.

His thirst for revenge practically radiated off of him and his ice-cold armor. He clung to the handle of his sword with his right hand in anticipation as he walked across the long, rocky path above the lava.

His feet clanked on the rocks. His heartbeat in his chest. He was not afraid. He'd heard stories of what the Red Dragon looked like. Tall, menacing, and frightening. That wasn't going to scare him, though. He would combat the beast.

It was nothing more than a typical monster. It had no emotion, nothing to give to society. It wouldn't hurt to slice off that monster's tail.

Sweat slipped down Knight's face. The heat managed to make it's way to his face, despite the armor doing a marvelous job of keeping the heat out.

He climbed and climbed and climbed. It felt like hours had passed. Eventually, he made it halfway up a valley of mountains. Volcanoes rest across the valley. Knight looked up. He gazed at an orange and red sky. The gradient painted the rest of the land around him.

He heard a loud and low growl.

He flinched, whipping his head around towards where the sound came from and yanking his sword from his waist.

He eyed a giant beast facing away from him. It had wings and scales a shade of green and red. It had lime green spikes and was very, very tall. It rumbled a sound in its chest, vibrating a sound below its feet. It calmly hovered its head above the opening of a volcano.

It was almost the size of two of the mountains surrounding Knight.

Knight gulped. He wouldn't give up. Not now. He'd already made it this far, and if he didn't do anything now, his life would be on the line.

Realizing how close this dragon was to him, he charged. His armored feet carried him as fast he could go, the metal clanking on the ground at each step.

He aimed, closed his eyes, and swung.

Everything seemed to go in slow motion in just that moment.

He opened his eyes, his gaze resting on the tip of the dragon's tail in the air. Knight turned around slightly, finding the Red Dragon squint its eyes shut for a couple of seconds. It whined in pain.

The piece of tail landed on the ground with a thud. Knight simply stared at it for a few seconds. He blinked, looking down at the ground.

Suddenly, the huge dragon roared. Knight swung his head back around towards the dragon, his breath becoming steady again. The dragon just kind of sat there for a second, refusing to move a muscle.

It started glowing a bright red. Then it warped into something. It didn't look like a dragon anymore. It started to turn into the form of something like a-

A cookie.

The dragon practically disappeared in the sky. Knight squinted, trying to get a look at what happened to the dragon. He turned back around towards the tail, sighing in relief.

Then something giant thudded behind him, the rock he stood on rumbling beneath his feet. He didn't turn around, just stood there, paralyzed.

"Are you a vissssitor?"

Knight flinched when the voice spoke. It was a female, but raspy and low. He didn't dare respond.

"What are you doing wearing that sssssstupid armor?" the voice asked, chuckling, "You look idiotic in that thing."

"And so what if I do?" Knight growled, finally turning around to the voice, "My dear Princess tells me I look..."

"Ssssssomething wrong?"

Oh, wonderful. So this random cookie that showed up out of nowhere in front of him was a painfully attractive female.

She was buff, but her white hair was silky, puffy, and long. She had giant wings and piercing dark eyes, and a sharp, toothy smile. He glanced at the tail behind her back and found the end sliced off.

Oh no. Oh no no no no no.

She walked past him, in the direction of her tail, "I'm Pitaya Dragon Cookie," she said, "Normally people aren't thissssss cassssual around me. They're usssssually afraid."

No no no no no no.

The Red Dragon was attractive as a cookie. His luck couldn't get any worse.

"Hm," she hummed from behind him, "not mine."

He turned around, "W-What?"

"This tail," she pointed at it, "it's not mine."

"Wait, what?"

"It probably belongs to one of the other dragons or something."

"I just sliced that thing off of you!"

"..."

The dragon cookie glanced at her tail. The tip was clearly sliced off.

"...It wassss like that before."

"No, it wasn't! I just sliced that thing off in your dragon form! Didn't you feel it?!"

"...I felt a little pierccccing."

"That was me!" he pointed his finger to himself, "Me, I tell you! ME!"

"..."

"Are you an idiot?"

"A few of my dragon friendsssss have called me sssslow."

"Oh, for god's sake," he lifted up his sword in his left hand, "I have a sword!"

"That doessssn't prove anything."

"I'm a knight!"

"I'm a knight. What's the difference?"

Knight just stared at her in disappointment, a red blush still growing on his face because of her looks.

"You're so dumb."

"I've been told that a few timesss."

"Ugh," Knight dropped his head, facepalming.

Suddenly his helmet was yanked off his head.

"Wh-"

"Woah, duuude! You have ssssuch pretty hairrr!"

"W-Wait, give me that!" he yelled, reaching for his Icewind steel helmet, "I need it so I don't die of heat stroke!"

"Heatsssstroke, sheatssssmoke," she mumbled, holding his chin with her claw-like hands, "you have such a cute baby face."

He yanked himself out of her grasp, "Get away!"

Pitaya plopped the helmet back onto his head, immediately covering his thick sheet of blond hair. She chuckled a bit.

"I will take my leave!" he exclaimed, picking up the tail from the ground, blush still coating his face, "I will get revenge for this! I swear!"

Then he stormed off. Soon he was out of sight.

"Heh," she chuckled, "he'ssss funny."