beet x carrot | "work"

[art by @luwaku on tumblr!!]

request for furiouscatlover

Summary: Carrot wants Beet to work harder at the crops, despite Carrot herself getting distracted every 2 seconds. They both end up procrastinating in the end.
Ship: Beet Cookie x Carrot Cookie
Type: Fluff

"What are you doing?"

"I'm doing what you been telling me to do for the past 3 hours!"

"I'm not buying it! Work faster!"

The magenta haired cookie grunted in frustration, adjusting her hat. This cookie wasn't gonna get off her back anytime soon, was she?

It was a perfectly scorching hot mid-spring day, and things weren't really going to Beet Cookie's plan. She had been hoping to stay home and protect her territory, until Carrot Cookie snatched her by the hood, made her wear some stupid farmer clothes, and work her ass off on the farm until she died of heatstroke.

While this was the case, the orange-haired cookie had the courtesy to at least give her water. She just ignored Beet's complaints about the weather and anything else that came out of her mouth.

This wasn't actually the first time it had happened. In fact, Beet has been abducted from her home to plant crops multiple times. She's at least gotten used to it by now.

The only way to really escape this hell is to work and work and be obedient at all costs, despite how annoying Carrot can be.

(Admittedly, she also finds it amusing how Carrot ends up praising her for her hard work in the end).

Today was by far the most painful day to be planting anything. The sun's blaring heat reeked havoc on the kingdom, and Beet was no exception. This was a scarily hot spring day.

Despite this, Carrot seemed to be in perfect shape.

"I don't see you working hard enough!" the orange-haired yelled. Beet growled, dropping his shovel.

"You get to work, then!" she countered, "Stop bothering me about it and do your part!"

Carrot's mouth shut at that and she turned around, beginning to walk the field. When Beet couldn't hear her footsteps anymore, her eyes drifted in the other cookie's direction, finding her kneeling near the grassy part of the field.

"The tulips are coming alog nicely this spring," she mumbled, "Just in time for easter..."

"I don't see you working!" Beet yelled at her, "You're such a hypocrite!"

"Don't call me that and get to work!"

"Are you that dense?!"

"Hmph!" and with that, Carrot cookie whipped her head back around and picked up her rake.

A few minutes of silence passed, until a little gasp came from behind Beet. She slowly glanced back.

The orange-haired cookie was pointing at a white bunny, mouth agape.

Beet blinked, unamused.

"BUNNYYYY!"

Carrot charged at the fluffy white creature, scooping it up in her arms.

"Do you think this is working?!"

"But look at the cute bunnnyyyyy!!!"

"Oh lord..."

The bunny didn't seem to budge. It just made itself comfortable in Carrot's arms. Beet glared at her.

"...How?"

"Wanna hold it?"

"...uhhhh..."

More bunnies surrounded them. Some adults, some babies. Beet continued to work in disbelief, wantingto get it overwith.

"You should hold one!" Carrot insisted.

"You told me to work harder!"

"But they're just so fluffy...and small...and cute..." she gushed, "Kind of like you!"

Beet's face flared up with heat and she whipped her head back around, "What is wrong with you?!"

"There's some below your feet! Just pick one up!"

Beet groaned and looked down at the fluffy balls of fur. Finally giving up, she scooped up one of the babies and held it up to her face.

"Hmmm..." Beet hummed.

"Isn't it cute?"

"I'm only holding it cause you said so."

"You think it's cuuute!"

"I do not!"

"You dooo!" she wrapped an arm around Beet's shoulder, which further flustered he purple haired cookie.

"We're supposed to be working, like you said!" she yelled, her face a red hue.

"Oh yeahhhh...." she pondered, right arm still around Beet's shoulder.

Beet stared at her with a grumpy expression, watching her think.

"Let's take the day off to care for these little animals!"

"They eat our crops!"

"That's ok!"

"WHAT?!"

------------
ghfgsgdggsgf this is a giant mess of a oneshot but it's ok...