sea x moon | centuries

[art by @pink-ian-d-arts on tumblr!!]

Summary: Nobody knows a thing about what truly happened between Sea Fairy and Moonlight when they were younger but the girls themselves.
Ship: Sea Fairy Cookie x Moonlight Cookie (SeaMoon)
Type: Fluff & Angst
Notes:
- This dives into the past of Sea Fairy and Moonlight and is based on headcanons I got from multiple people.

"I brought you a gift this time," the sunset haired cookie whispered sweetly.

"Really?" the teal haired cookie questioned, "again?"

"Why, of course!" she insisted, reaching her arms into her hair behind her as if she were trying to grab something.

The lukewarm sand sat beneath their feet. The ocean blue water washed up on the shore quietly. Stars reflected in the water ahead. The night sky was painted in magentas and blues. The sun had already passed the horizon.

She pulled something shiny from her gradient, starry hair, and held it out to Sea Fairy.

A comb. It was made of gold material, decorated in blue, purple, and red jewels. There were tiny shells decorating the open spaces and it had a gorgeous sparkle to it.

"Moon, I..." she stuttered, "I love it! It's gorgeous!"

"Here," she insisted, stepping behind her, "let me help you."

Moonlight undid the water cookie's teal hair, wrapping the golden hairbands in a bun. She let some of the tropical water hair fall behind the bun in a straight, silky line. She stuck the shiny comb on the end of the bun, clearly showing it off.

She let a few strands escape the bun, styling it a bit. Sea Fairy fidgeted with her golden-brown dress and her aquamarine eyes twitched anxiously.

When the other finished, she moved forward to look at the front of the cookie.

"You look stunning, dearie," she cooed, moving some of the wet strands of hair out of her face.

Sea's face visibly flushed as she avoided eye contact.

〘☆〙

Moonlight's sunset-starry hair lay floating on the sand. Her eyes were heavy and she sat up, yawning. She looked out, finding the sun setting in the distance, creating a pink, orange, and purple sky.

"Feeling tired?" the tropical cookie asked from behind. She began to play with the other's flowing sunset hair, attempting to braid it.

"I didn't sleep at all today," the other groaned.

"Then sleep for the rest of the night," she reassured, "it's not like taking one night off will kill anyone."

"...How long have you been here?"

"A few hours," she answered, "I've just been here."

"Thank you," Moonlight mumbled, "for the comfort,"

Sea Fairy began to hum a sweet and solemn tune, a lullaby presumably. The sunset haired cookie could've sworn she'd heard the tune before, but she decided not to comment on it, simply treasuring the moment while it lasted.

She fell asleep shortly after.

〘☆〙

"How long?"

The sea cookie brushed her hand in the other cookie's hair, her head in her lap.

"I'll be gone for a couple of months, you just have to wait for me," she paused, "I'll be thinking about you."

The sunset-haired brushed her hand across the sand, "Are you sure?"

"Of course."

"Prove it."

Suddenly, Moonlight turned, and she locked lips with the other cookie. Butterflies swayed in the pit of her stomach and her heart thudded against her chest.

It was a brief kiss, nothing more than a simple peck, but it still left an impact. Moonlight became quickly flustered when they pulled away, her eyes wide.

"There," Sea mumbled, "Is that enough for you?"

☆〙

Newfound romance left a mark on Moonlight.

It wasn't as if she hadn't dealt with it before in other people's dreams, but she couldn't stop herself from visiting the beach almost every single day, waiting for her girlfriend (it even sounded so good in her head!) to come back.

The longest these trips could take was usually a week or two. 2 months was always over-exaggerated. She was never really told by the teal haired cookie why she left so often, but she didn't want to question it any further.

Before she left for the trip Sea gave her a gift. Moon stared at the night sky as she felt it in her hand.

A shell necklace.

All she had to do was wait.

☆〙

When she couldn't hold herself back, she imagined feeling the kiss again and again in her mind.

She missed Sea a lot. Apparently, the time had been extended by a longshot. It was unusual, but she still felt the necklace each day she visited the beach.

It took another 2 months of waiting for her to narrow visits down to twice a week.

〘☆〙

It had begun to hurt.

The mention of the cookie's name broke her from the inside out.

Back at the shore, her now purple and blue hair waved in the wind.

She wasn't quite sure how long it had been, but she still held onto that stupid necklace, gripping it tightly.

She hoped the sea cookie had held onto that comb.

〘☆

They could have at least told her that her lover's heart was ice a little sooner.

They were about 10 centuries late.

(hi I'M FUGGIFKING BACK I TOOK A HUGE BREAK BUT I'LL GET Y'ALLS REQUESTS DONE SOON)