fire x wind | weak

[art by @felis2012 on tumblr!!]

request for Ember_Rose_Liora

Summary: Fire is still afraid of the brief time he was Lord of Ash. After he finds out that Wind Archer is corrupted and on the run, he is determined to get him back.
Ship: Wind Archer x Fire Spirit (FireWind), Night Raven x Fire Spirit (FireRaven)
Type: Angst & Fluff
Notes:
- Wind Archer turns into Night Raven after Millennial lost a bet to Dark Enchantress
- When Fire was Lord of Ash he ruled over the dragon's valley

What time in your life did you feel you weakest?

Was it, perhaps when you couldn't save someone? Yourself? When you couldn't fight back? When you were paralyzed and locked in place?

Fire Spirit believes the time in his life when he felt the weakest was when he wasn't...himself. Extinguished, weak, and practically a pile of ash and toil.

The Lord of Ash.

The alternate version of himself was one of his worst fears after he became it. He was afraid of himself. He was weak. He hated being weak. If he could cry at that time, he would have.

He worried about himself a lot of the time. He was afraid it would happen to him again. That he would be weak enough to turn into nothing but a pile of ash.

Most of the time he was the Lord of Ash continues to haunt him as little flashes of memories. Frames. He doesn't remember much about what happened when he was the cookie, all he knows is he attacked many of his friends.

He ruled over and reigned supreme in almost all of the Dragon's Valley. Ash, smoke, and fog dropped the temperature in the area immensely. The smoke even found it's way outside of the valley.

His sentient half panicked. He'd panicked. He was cold, alone, and afraid. The burden of the situation beat down on him. And so he went haywire. He began becoming attached to this version of himself. Like he was okay with this.

At one point, a piece of him wanted to stay like this. A ruler of the land. Powerful.

But the other part of him felt painful emotions. Guilt. Aching. Heartbreak.

The emotions wouldn't go the hell away. And eventually, he got sick of it.

Anything after that he doesn't even remember.

He doesn't even fully remember how he turned into that monster.

Did he believe he could turn into it again if he became his weakest? Yes.

Is that what he wanted? No.

If one of his friends started suffering under the influence of the dark pain, would he help them?

Yes.

__________________

No.

It wasn't true. This couldn't be true. He was afraid. Why was he afraid? Why was this happening?

His heart drummed loudly in his chest. This couldn't be. How much of a fool did Millennial have to be? To use his son like this? And to let him get away?

He held the crystal in his hand. Purification. He would bring him back. He would bring his friend back.

It wasn't like he had a romantic interest in the cookie or anything, but he wouldn't just stand by.