Chapter Six

Chapter Six

The next day, Rusty and I were hung over once more. My alarm went off at 6:30 a.m. Making me groan tiredly. I didn't want to go to work today, but right now it is the only job which I have to support my ass. I got up all messed up and hung over. My curly hair was a rat's nest and my clothes were a mess. I took a hot shower and began to change into my uniform. Rusty was still sleeping on my couch by the time I came out of the room dressed.

"Rusty." I smacked his face making him fall off the couch. "Get the hell up."

"Fuck! Why the hell you gotta wake a brother up like that?" He groaned and rubbed his face. He got up and grabbed his sneakers to put them on and he tiredly walked out of my door and me after.

"I gotta head to work. I'll be back late. I gotta drive this chick around." I said walking down the stairs once more.

"Yeah yeah yeah. You told me last night. You never stop talking about her."

"What? I do not talk about her all the time." I said.

"Mike....... You do. Look man I gotta go. Same time tonight?"

"You know it." He laughed and walked off letting me get on my bike.

As I arrived to Cortes manor, I noticed Marco looking pissed off. He looked at his watch then to me as I headed up the front door.

"You're late." He stated blandly.

"I know. I'm sorry. I caught traffic and-"

"I don't give a fuck. Just get inside. And don't be late again. Take my daughter to work and bring her back. Understand?" He growled making me glare at him with hate and frustration.

"Yes sir........" I gritted through my teeth. He raised an eyebrow and came over to me. He eyed me from top to bottom seeing my presence aickening him. He noticed my eyes were glassy.

"Traffic huh?" He scoffed. "Typical ex con. Always a fucking liar and never can be trusted."

"I don't know what you were talking about sir."

"I know you're fucking high."

"I-I...... I'm not sir."

"Bullshit! If you ever get that shit near my daughter I'll make you swallow them understand?"

"I'm ready." Isabel said sweetly and innocently coming out of the house. God did she look so beautiful. How can a woman be so beautiful, sexy, and classy? I just felt my heart stop. Her father interrupted my thoughts.

"Make sure you bring my daughter back home. Work and back. No where else." He pushed me aside and without a goodbye or a sweet kiss on the cheek to his beautiful daughter, he left in his car and drove off to work. I balled my hands up into fists wishing I could punch thatan in the throat and make him feel pain.

"Hey." She kindly held my hand making me calm down. "I made you breakfast. You hungry?"

"You made me breakfast? But that's my job." I asked shocked. She just giggled and shook her head looking at me.

"Well I just want to show you my appreciation for everything you do around here." She took me inside the kitchen where there was a spread of waffles, eggs, hash browns, ham, sausages, coffee, and juice. "Sit down and enjoy."

I couldn't believe this woman did all this for me. She must've woke up early just to cook for me knowing I don't eat breakfast before I come to work. What a sweetheart.

She can't cook dinner, but God!

Isabel can cook breakfast like it is nobody's business. She sat at the table with me and I felt as if we were at IHOP once more. I felt I was in love.

Love.

Could I really be in love with this beautiful woman? She can't be falling for an ex con. She can't be falling for an ex drug dealer.

But I am falling in love with her.