Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

I dropped off Isabel abd got out of the car and opened the door for her. I wore the stupid chauffeur hat again. She looked at me and giggled as she took off the hat and threw it in the trash. She played with my black curls letting them fall in front of my face. She smirked those beautiful pouty lips.

"Much better." She smiled.

"Thank you." I giggled. "I really did hate that hat."

"Well as long as I'm here, you don't need to worry about wearing it anymore."

She walked away as I was checking her out. I smiled knowing I was going to be alone in the mansion for the day. Usually my work days are always like that from Monday through Friday. I drove back to the mansion and began to cook dinner for Isabel and her father when they come back. I began to cook some roast beef and veggies with mash potatoes. I cleaned up a bit and I sat down on the soft feather pushed couches in the living room.

Suddenly I was so tired that I fell asleep on the sofa. I started to dream about my past and my hardship.......

I was in my house in Gary. I came back from L.A. to visit my family for the summer. I was 24 going on 25. Times were hard for me. I did not want to tell my family I did not make it in the music business. I was so mad and broke. I needed a way out. I started selling dope........

My dream suddenly transformed into me on the streets with my gang in L.A. They gave me a gun and a few bags of weed and crack. I was nervous. They suddenly pushed me into the brick wall where it crumbled and I was falling into darkness.

Just then........ The smoke alarm went off.

I immediately woke up from my dream and ran to the kitchen to see I burn the potatoes.

"Fuck! Can't I ever catch a fucking break?!" I yelled out in frustration and threw out the potatoes. I groaned collapsed to the floor letting my elbows rest on my knees and my head in my hands.

To make the hour even worse, my mother called me on my cellphone.

Ah. Mom. My wonderful mother is always asking me when the hell am I gonna get married? I had it up to the skies with that question. The ring continued to annoy my ears no matter how much I tried to ignore it. I picked up the phone stressfully and answered it.

"Hello?"

"Well hello my beautiful wonderful son." She giggled. "How are you?"

"Great. Never better." I blandly lied.

"Child you better not be lying to me. What's wrong?"

"Nothing mom. Okay? Nothing. I'm just........ Tired."

"Tired?"

"Yeah. Tired that's it. I'm just not myself okay?"

"Ever since you came out of prison four years ago you have never been the same, but you're changing for the good and I am proud of you. Don't let anybody tell you different." She gave me words of encouragement as I was still sulking on the floor.

"Mom it's just life keeps on kicking me down. I don't want to get back up anymore. I hate my jobs. All three of them. The lounge singing business does nothing for me. I'm a bartender part time and a fulltime chauffer and butler. I'm sick of this shit."

"Hey. Watch your mouth." I wanted to cry over the phone. "And look here Michael. Your father and I didn't raise you to be no quitter. We raised you to be a fighter and to stand up for what you believe in. I know that you fucked up. Everybody does. But did you learn your lesson?"

"Yes ma'am." I answered paying attention to her voice.

"Then that's all that matters. Now get up from where ever you are and hold your head up high. God is not finished with you yet. He can never give you more than you can handle."

"Thanks mom. You really brightened up my day today." I smiled into the phone.

"Oh my baby boy. You're my son. I would always love you. Now tell me how is the search for my daughter in law?" I groaned as she asked.

"Ugh. Mom. Do we always have to go back to this subject?"

"Child yes we do. I want some grandkids."

"Don't you already have like...... 100 of them?" I over exaggerated.

"I have 10 grandchildren for your information." She snapped. "You're almost 30. It's time for you to settle down. Why don't you try online dating sweetheart?"

"Did my mother just say 'online dating?' " I laughed out loud. My mother was always old fashioned and old schooled. I could tell she was desperate enough for me to give her children. "Fine mom. For you."