Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

I went to the store and brought the pregnancy test. I thought it was so stupid. Why does Isabel need a pregnancy test? She's not pregnant........ She can't get pregnant that quick........we just made love to each other a few hours before she was kidnapped.

Then again....

We did make love every week since we got together. I held the pregnancy test in my hand and thoughts ran through my mind. Was I really going to be a father? I can't even handle my own siblings.......... I came back to the police station and they collected the bag of $500,000. I had no questions of how they got the money. I noticed FBI agents around the station. The detective came up to me and introduced me to Agent Parker of the FBI.

"Now we're ready if you are. We have the exact location. All you need to do is call back Marco and ask him where to meet." Parker said.

"I don't think I can do this........ I'm scared as hell." I told them trying to calm my nerves. The detective noticed my hands shaking and he escorted me to a seat. It was awkward because I was always running from the law and I was always afraid to get in trouble, but now here I am helping them.

What a weird turn around.

"Look Michael..........calm down. This plan is gonna work. We're gonna get Isabel back. We're not gonna stop until we do." The detective patted my back which was a gesture to show that everything was going to be okay but I was still scared.

"What if Isabel is pregnant? What do you think Marco is gonna to to his own daughter? I'm scared to think about it. He hits her. She doesn't have a life of her own because of him. That's why he hates me........because I opened up Isabel's eyes to see that the world isn't as bad as it may seem. I love her so much that anything she tells me I say, 'as you wish.' What if this plan doesn't work?"

"It will. Look we have the best people working on this case. We need you to go in there and save Isabel. Don't worry. We're gonna talk you through it the whole way." The detective gave me an ear piece as I sighed and put it in my ear. Parker started to test the microphone as he started to speak into it.

"Testing! 1! 2! 3!-" There was a loud screech and I pulled the piece out of my ear.

"Ow! What the fuck?!" I yelled and rolled my eyes while rubbing my ear.

"Sorry." He smiled lightly as the small guilt spread across his face. I couldn't help but giggle because I didn't know how many times I have seen that happen to people in the movies.

"It's okay." I said. "It really did hurt but I'll be okay." The detective smirked and gave me back my phone. It already had Marco's number typed in. I sighed and cleared my throat as I pressed talk.

The phone rang once......twice........three times then.......

"If you're calling me you better have the stuff I have asked for." He snapped.

"Yes I do.........how's Isabel?" I asked.

"My daughter is fine." He spat out. Meet me at the grand Canyon. At Midnight Tonight. Don't be late. If you are even one minute late, I'm taking Isabel away and you will never see her again. Even if she is pregnant. You understand?" I sighed and looked around .

"I'll leave right now." I said.

"Good." He hung up and I dropped my head in my hand with what felt like hours. I lifted my head up.

"Let's go." After that we all left for a long travel. The FBI agents made sure I was comfortable and relaxed. They gave me coffee and some donuts to calm me down. I just kept thinking about Isabel and if she was okay. More than okay.