Immune

Dash (Lane)

"I have my eyes on you. There are cameras everywhere, and if one hair of my wife's head is out of place, your death will be more than your worst nightmare." I said to the man standing outside our apartment door. It was strange that his voice sounded familiar. The compound is under high alert after last night's attempt on us, so I have no choice but to trust the man.

I walked down to headquarters for the latest update. "It's about time you showed up," Sal said in a pissed off tone.

"You're the one that wants a grandchild," I said with amusement, and he narrowed his eyes at me.

"I don't need that much information." He snapped.

"It's just an update on our progress." I crossed my arms with a smirk of pride on my face.

"The only update I want on that front is if she's pregnant or not, I don't need the rest." He said as his eyes left mine. We're standing behind Kal while he sits at his computer.

Why was it so much fun to see him pissed about his own plan? Right, I hate the man.

"I'm sending in a team to bring the man to me." He said as he looked at the computer screen.

"How many men?" I asked.

"Twelve, we're just waiting for the go-ahead. He hasn't left his compound since last night." He said.

"Don't you think he's expecting you?" I asked.

"Of course, but just as he had my men by the balls, I have a few of my own living under his nose. They've just been waiting for him to make a move." He said.

"Can they be trusted?" I asked.

"None of them can be trusted. I sent men in that have families and actually care about them, they won't risk the lives of their children." He said, then stood straight up and looked at me. "Let's go to my office." He said.

We walked upstairs and I noticed I haven't seen Isaac. "Where's your top dog?" I asked as we walked toward the elevator.

"Taking care of other business." He answered.

Yeah, probably Sylvia and her room of torture.

"How is my daughter, is she feeling any better?" He asked.

"Yeah, but she's scared and wants to leave," I said knowing this isn't news to him.

I took a seat in front of his desk as he went over to his safe and pulled out a couple of files. "Manducci will be my last act as boss." He said, then threw the files down on his desk.

One was labeled Sylvia, and the other was labeled Morgan.

He took a seat and leaned back in his chair. "I'll be gone in thirty minutes with my two youngest children." He said.

"How long have you known?" I asked, and he leaned back in his chair.

"Come on Mr. Morgan, you already knew everything. You just needed that one piece of rock-solid evidence. Do you really think I would allow a man called 'The Punisher' into my home and given him such high security without knowing his true identity?" He asked.

I sat back in my chair. "I knew you were the informant, but I didn't know why," I said as I opened Sylvia's file. Everything I needed is in here, and he spoke as I read it.

"I have lived the life of a sick man for many years. Then, I did the same thing you're doing right now, I fell in love. It was Sylvia that had her killed and left Lexi to the mercy of the Russians. I've been fighting a battle to keep him now for a few years. You'll see plenty in there to take, not just Sylvia and Isaac down, but also my son's maternal family. Manducci was just a sideshow Sylvia put on to distract us. My son Lark betrayed Danica and told his mother everything. I found her journals soon after and put this plan into motion.

Sylvia went behind my back and started running her own show. She got involved with people I never would have involved with my family. She gained power over me, but she needs me. She needs my name, and my men to carry out her orders." He said.

"Why kill Manducci?" I asked.

He shook his head. "I'm not killing him, I'm delivering him to you. You'll find him in that file and everything you need to take down three families. Lark will go down with his mother, but Danica and my other children need to be safe." He said, and paused as he looked at me, than his watch.

"She should be gone by now." He said.

"Who?" I asked.

"Your wife, the man I sent to watch over her should have her on a jet as we speak. She has everything she needs, and I need you to call for the strike once I'm gone. If you don't wait, remember my man has your wife." He said.

"You're taking a hell of a risk. What if I don't care about your daughter?" I asked.

He smiled. "Do you really think you're the only one with keen senses? This wasn't a part of my plan." He said.

"Where is he taking her?" I asked.

"To a safe house outside the country. She'll return once the smoke has cleared and she has cashed in her trust." He said.

"What if she isn't pregnant?" I asked.

"Then there's a man with her to do the job. That was the original plan, until you came to me with your brilliant plan." He said.

He seems confident.

I looked in my file as he spoke. "I've given you what nobody in your position ever received. Your ticket to freedom and a family. Danica will be safe with Lane Morgan, farm boy, and former MIA Navy Seal." He said.

"How did you get this?" I asked.

"I still have my secrets and you have yours." He leaned forward. "Who do you think created 'The Punisher'?" He said with an evil smirk on his face. "I have immunity, but only with the government. I can't risk my children, so I have to leave." He said, and got up from behind his desk.

"Simon is in a holding cell downstairs. I have no clue how or when she will return to you, but I'm sure it won't be any time soon." He walked to the door, and I stood.

"What about the families of these men?" I asked.

"They knew the risks. When you see her again, tell her I meant it every time I said I loved her." He said

"You should be in prison," I said, and he smiled as he held on to the door handle.

"You're right." He said, then started walking away.

That bastard doesn't deserve shit, let alone immunity. It's too bad he isn't as smart as he thinks.