ɬơ ῳąƙąŋɖą

Rhodey talked to Secretary Ross and other members of the board through a hologram video call. "Still no word from Vision?" Ross asks.

"Satellites lost him somewhere over Edinburgh." Rhodey replies.

"On a stolen Quinjet with six of the world's most wanted criminals."

"You know they're only criminals because you've chosen to call them that, right, sir?"

"My God, Rhodes. Your talent for bullshit rivals my own."

"If it weren't for those Accords, Vision would've been right here."

"I remember your signature on those papers, Colonel." Ross gets up from the table and walks around to stand closer to Rhodey.

"That's right." Rhodey nods and takes a step forward, folding his arms. "And I'm pretty sure I paid for that."

Ross glances down at Rhodey's legs. He wears an exoskeleton that helps him walk. "You have second thoughts?"

"Not anymore." He states confidently as a door to his left beeps and they look to see Steve, Sam, Nat, Vision and the Maximoff's walk in, Y/n and Sam supporting Vision.

"Mr. Secretary." Steve greets the hologram.

"You got some nerve." Ross says as he moved to stand in front of Steve. "I'll give you that."

"You could use some of that." Nat says.

He ignores her. "The world's on fire. And you think everything's forgiven?"

"I'm not looking for forgiveness." Steve says. "And I'm way past asking for permission. Earth just lost her best defender. So we're here to fight. And if you wanna stand in our way... We'll fight you too."

Ross stares at Steve for a moment before he turns to look at Rhodey. "Arrest them."

Rhodey nods. "All over it." Rhodey makes a gesture with his hand and the video call is over, the holograms disappearing. "That's a court-martial." He looks at Steve for a moment and then smiles. "It's great to see you, Cap."

Steve smiles and the two shake hands. "You too, Rhodey."

Nat smiles and hugs Rhodey and then his gaze goes to the rest of the team. "Wow. You guys... Really look like crap."

"Look like? I feel like crap." Pietro smiles as his sisters chuckle a bit.

"Must've been a rough couple of years."

"Yeah, well, the hotels weren't exactly five stars." Sam jokes.

"Uh, I think you look great." Bruce says, hesitantly walking into the room.

Y/n smiles a bit. "Hey, Big Green. Nice to see you again." She says a bit cheerily.

He chuckled and smiles at everyone. "Yeah, I'm back."

"Hi, Bruce." Nat says.

A good five long seconds pass before he responds. "Nat."

More silence follows before a certain f/c haired girl breaks it. "This is awkward." She says quietly but everyone heard making Pietro stifle a laugh and Wanda lightly hit her sisters shoulder with a disapproving look.

°•.•°°•.•°°•.•°

They all gather in a roomy living area to discuss what's happening. "So we gotta assume they're coming back, right?" Rhodey asks.

"And they can clearly find us." Wanda adds.

"We need all hands on deck. Where's Clint?" Bruce asks.