1.6

As we all know, procrastination isn't our friend, usually. In this case however, it proved to be (Y/N)s best friend.

She couldn't think about, talk about, or see the girls right now, so she studied, hard. She got ahead of all her classes as she read the reading material for each class weeks in advance, writing reports for each topics weekly review as well. 

She also started reports that weren't due for weeks, silently upset that Lauren and Camila didn't check in on her while she did so. That Lauren wouldn't edit her reports for her when she was finished...

But she couldn't think about that, about them right now. 

"You good, babe?" Dinah asked as she stuck her head into the younger girls room to look at the girl hunched over her desk. 

(Y/N) hummed in reply, not turning to look at her Aunt as she furiously typed away and wrote sticky notes as reminders for later.

Sighing, Dinah stepped further into the room and reached over the girl to shut her laptop, causing the (Y/H/C)'s head to snap towards Dinah instantly.

"Dinah! I'm trying to write my report of the Roman empire! Are you trying to delete two thousand words by shutting my laptop without saving!" She yelled at the Polly.

"Nuh uh! Don't yell at me, young lady. You've been cramped up in this room for days, only coming out for classes and when Mani and I cook you dinner. You need to come out of your room and spend some time with us. And as for you report, its called Auto saving, it happens every few minutes. And I didn't shut your laptop down, it's simply asleep. So get up and get out of this room." Dinah told her sternly with her arms crossed.

It stirred something in the younger girl to have Dinah be so domineering and authoritative towards her. It made her little side fight harder to surface, but she pushed it down, huffing at Dinahs little speech before getting out of her chair and walking into the living space.

"Now what?" (Y/N) asked, turning to face Dinah as the older girl had followed her.

"Now," Dinah started, walking around the girl to pick up two remotes off the couch, "we play just dance 2017." She said with a smirk as she handed one of the remote controllers to the younger girl.

(Y/N) looked at the remote hesitantly, she wasn't the most coordinated human being on the planet and her dancing proved it. But Dinah looked proud at her idea and she went out of her way to get the wii. 

So she slipped the band over her wrist and stood next to he taller girl, "I'm picking the first song." She finally said, causing Dinah to let out a squeal and jump up and down a few times before composing herself again.

"I'm totally going to kick your butt!" Dinah stated, watching her as she flicked through the songs until she picked one, Normani watching amused from the kitchen as she peeled the vegetables for dinner.

They danced for an hour, each taking turns choosing songs. The order went something like this"

"Can't Feel My Face"- The Weeknd
"Cheap Thrills"- Sia Ft. Sean Paul
"Don't Stop Me Now" – Queen
"Hips Don't Lie" – Shakira Ft. Wyclef Jean
"Into You" – Ariana Grande
"Lean On" – Major Lazer Ft. MØ & DJ Snake
"Scream & Shout" – Will.i.am Ft. Britney Spears
"Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)" – Beyonce

Until Dinah chose Worth it as the last song before dinner.

"Dinahhhhh, that's so unfair! You know all the choreography for this song! It's literally YOUR song!" (Y/N) complained. 

"Psh, you'll be fine. You just gotta loosen up a little and feel the beat. each dance move is in time with the beat, once you get that down you'll be good." Dinah told the younger girl, pressing play on the song before getting serious.