Chapter 18

Sachi's POV
I slowly opened my eyes and I felt a presence besides me. I turned to face that person as a smile plastered on my face. I then cupped his cheeks as I stared his sleeping form. I was too afraid that I can't see him anymore, after the fight yesterday Kyojuro decided to sleep with me. I felt his hand holds mine as he open his beautiful golden eyes. He then smiled at me.

" Good morning." He greeted making me giggle and greeted back. After confessing yesterday we are officially dating now. He then humned as he wrapped his arms to my waist and pulled me closer to him. He closed his eyes again as I heard him snore softly making me giggle. I guess he really is tired, yesterday. I let him hug me for a minute before gently removing his hands to me and leaving the room. While going to the living room I saw Kanao who is preparing something.

"  What are you preparing?" I asked as I approached her. She smiled and showed me an omelet. " So you've been cooking? That's great." I giggled as I tapped her head.

" You've  been teaching me how to cook, neechan." She said before looking down, she seems noticed that I'm wearing a kimono and it's rare for me to go outiside without using the demon slayer's uniform.

" The master asked us to rest for a day so I'm wearing this." I said, she just nod and continued cooking again. Shinobu is not around so I guess she was in her office writing some reports.

" Sachi-sama, Prince Akito is here." Aoi said while holding a basket of blankets. I smiled and thanked her, before going out to meet the prince. This will be their last day in here so maybe he wants to talk to me. I then went to the back yard where because it's his favorite spot to talk with me. I stopped when I saw him standing while holding a small butterfly.

" What do you want Akito?" I asked with a smile, he turned his back and then smiled.

" Nothing, I just want to visit you. Before we leave this place." He said as he approached me, his eyes was fucosed on mine. It's kind of weird because he is not in his usual self. He then gently helds my hand and leaned down to face me. I gulped, What will I do? What if Kyojuro will see us?

" Tsuyuri Sachi, as the Prince of this country. I want to ask your hand for marriage."

Eh?

I blinked my eyes twice as I looked at him confused. M-marraige!? Is he serious, but I already have a lover. I gasped when someone pulled me and wrapped his arms to my waist. I raised my head to see Kyojuro who is staring at him seriously. I noticed Akito who is glaring at Kyojuro while gritting his teeth.

" You again? What do you want?" Kyojuro asked while tightly holding my waist. I don't know if I'm guilty or happy but damn it why do I feel happy!?

" I should say that, I came here to marry her." Akito said while pointing at me. I felt Kyojuro tensed and also I can sense his angry aura.

" Marry you said? No way I would agree to that." My gosh, why is this happening? I should explain to Akito about this.

" U-uhm Akito listen thi-"

" Sachi, answer me. Will you marry me." Akito cut me making me sighed as I sweatdropped. He can't even listen to me. Kyojuro was still holding me and I saw him smirked.

" That will not happen." Akito then turned his gaze to Kyojuro. I was just staring at Kyojuro making him also stared at me before turning back his gaze to Akito. " Because I'm the one who will marry her."

" What??" Akito said with angry tone as he approached Kyojuro making me remove Kyojuro's hand and faced Akito seriously.

" Akito." He stopped as he faced me, I sighed and then smiled. " I'm sorry about this but I can't marry you." His eyes widened as he walk closer to me.

" Why?? I love you Sachi, I can make you love me. You can become my queen and you will not face demons. I don't want you to die because of this work." He said while holding my eyes, Kyojuro tried to grabb my hands but I face him and shook my head. He just sighed in defeat as he smiled and nod.

" I'm really sorry, but thank you for loving me. I can't just quit or give up this work, because becoming a demon slayer means so much to me." I smiled as I faced  him. " I met a family, friends and someone whom I really love." His eyes then went on Kyojuro then in mine before smiling.

" So you mean two of you are dating?" He asked with sad tone making me nod. He didn't let go of my hands, but then chuckled painfully. " I guess, I'm too late. Don't worry, I still love you and it may take long for me to move on. But as long as you are happy, I'm happy with it."

I'm also hurt, seeing him in pain because of me. But it can't be avoided. I then hugged him as he hug me back. I'm still happy he becomes my friend. He then broke the hug then approached Kyojuro.

" Promise me to protect her." He said the passed through him. But stopped and turned his back to us. " Or else I'll be taking her away from you." He grinned, my eyes widened. That's my first time seeing him smiling sincerly. I smiled and giggled, when Akito is already gone. Kyojuro approached me. He pulled me into hug making me smile. He backed of a little then leaned down and kissed me.

" You're mine right?" He asked, my eyes widened but then giggled and nod.

" Of course." We then smiled as we hug again, this may the best day of my life. But I'm a little bit afraid for the future. We are still in war and demons are getting stronger. Still, I'm excited to run towards them and run for our future.

And to defeat Kibutsuju Muzan.

*******