Chapter Five

Being carried around like a sack of potatoes is no walk in the Royal gardens let me tell you. It's a pain in the butt, for one laying against my kidnappers back with his masculine arms around my legs was very uncomfortable. And the fact that as he walked my head swung back and forth making me dizzy. Also the nasty gag was leaving my mouth bone dry.
    After about an hour of being swung back and forth like a pendulum from a grandfather's clock I was sick and tired of being carried. Slowly to not raise suspicion from my kidnapper I carefully wiggled my hands around trying to loosen the knot that bounded my wrists together. I raised my arms as high as I could and brought my hands down hard on his rear end! 
   "Hey!" He yelled.
   I didn't care, I slapped him again on the rear.
  "Stop that!" He shuffled me around like a rag doll but still held on to me as he walked.
   But that didn't stop me; I may be a princess, but I'm a stubborn one. I continued slapping his rear and he continued yelling at me to stop. Finally he stopped responding to my slaps and just kept walking down the path. But I didn't give up, this kidnapper was going to tire eventually and was going to have to put me down!
    Awhile later he laid me down by a tree and then sat beside my legs to make sure I won't run. I groaned my neck and back ached from being swung around. I could tell my kidnapper was tired as well because he rubbed his shoulder and grimace in pain. Since I couldn't say anything because of the gag I glared at him.
   "You sure know a way to a guy's heart by glaring at him." He said slowing smiling. I rolled my eyes, "Oh yeah." He pulled my gag down.
   I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand trying to rid myself of the horrible taste the gag left. I let out a few deep coughs.
   He pulled out a brown glass bottle from his burlap and handed it to me, "Here, drink something."
   I took a sniff of the bottle and gave it back to him, "No way ho Zay!" I pinched my nose shut and frown, "What is that stuff anyway?!"
   "Rum, what else would it be?" He took a swing of it and placed it back in his leather bag that hung at his waist.
   I rolled my eyes, "figures, you're just like all the other men in taverns getting as drunk as skunks."
   He pointed his finger at me, "I'm going to ignore that little insult." He glanced back down the road from where we came, "Now Rollick is about a two hour walk back, and we need to keep moving forward as fast as possible. You can either walk beside me on the path and promise you won't run away, or I'll have no choice but to carry you the whole way there."
   I glared at him, "It doesn't sound like you're giving me much of a choice, either way we're going farther from Rollick."
   He shrugged, "you have the choice to trust me, now what will it be Princess?"
   I pushed my blond hair back and sighed, "Fine I won't run."
  "Good choice." He stood and offered me his hand and pulled me up.
  He may be a kidnapper, but at least he had manners I thought as we continued walking with me walking with my own two legs this time.
   My head ponder over everything that has happened my mother dying, my father putting me in prison for her death, finding out I'm not a true princess of Rollick, and now being kidnapped and walking to who knows where with a complete stranger!
   I glanced around the country side, it was really pretty. As far as the eye could see there was golden cornfields and green grass with wild flowers; and the sky was a light blue with fluffy white clouds like the fancy pillows that were in the Castle. There was a light wind blowing through the few trees making the leaves ruffle, and the air was so fresh with the sun shining so bright! I could really enjoy being out here! If I wasn't with a pain in the butt who was walking way to fast to enjoy anything.
  I rolled my eyes and picking up my wrinkled dirty dress I tried running after him to keep up, "ugh can't you slow down? I'm a princess wearing a long gown and five inch heels!"
   "Forgive me for wanting to get ride of the princess in five inch heels as soon as possible." He replied back.
   I shook my finger at his back, "You're a traitor to the kingdom of Rollick you know that? Kidnapping your own princess!"
   He turn around to face me, "Your not my princess."
   I stopped and stared at him, "You're not from Rollick?"
   "Big news not everyone if from Rollick your highness, there's tons of other towns full of nice and bad people. Now keep walking or I'll have to carry you again."
   I walked quietly with my head bowed, I glanced up at him looking him over from head to toe. His black boots, pants, and black cotton skirt that came in a v cut sure didn't look like anything a person from Rollick would wear, he even had a black earring in one ear that was kinda hard to see from his wavy black hair that brushed the tip of his ears. "How old are you??" I asked trying to sound polite instead of nosey princess.
   "Twenty two."
   My eyes widened, he was much older than me and yet he seemed to know a lot about life. "You're only two years older than me!"
    "Mmmmm interesting." He murmured, but the way he said it didn't sound like he was really interested.
    "It must be so nice to be a common folk, you're still young I bet you've travel to many exciting places!" I paused then added, "and all I've seen is the inside of Rollick, that is till now. By the way, where are you from?"
   My kidnapper turned around and walked towards me and stood right in front of me, "Are you going to talk the whole journey? Because I'm really getting sick of your talking." He held up the nasty gag, "If you don't stop talking I will use this." 
    I was quiet and stare into his dark brown eyes trying to tell if he was teasing or not. He was completely serious. "I was just trying to be nice and start a conversation. You're the first person I've been able to talk to without being behind bars."
    He shrugged, "I don't care about your petty little life behind bars, you're a murder."
    His words hit home and stung, I felt my chest get heavy and tears at the edge of my eyes, but I refuse to let him see me cry. I quickly wiped my eyes and then stared back at him my eyes just as dark and cold as his, "Is that what you think of me??"
   "Isn't that what everyone thinks? It's your fault your mother is dead." With that he stuffed the gag back into his burlap and started walking.
   I meekly followed him, but there was no way I was letting him have the last word! "Go ahead and think whatever you want! I know the truth!"
   He rolled his head like he was annoyed, "And what is that?"
   "That you are a jerk and a fool who cares about no one but yourself and I'll rather be locked back in a dungeon than be here with here with a pig such as yourself!"
   He laughed, "For being a princess you sure have a sharp tongue!"
   I held my head high and continued walking, not letting him take the advantage of me. So onwards we went I was quiet as I now thought over how I'm going to escape, because after all he's my kidnapper and I shouldn't just willing go with him to wherever he was taking me. If I was going to escape I'm going to have to be cleaver about it, he's fast at running and strong, so I'll have to do it when he's not looking.
   Later that night when the beautiful sun was setting over some green mountain tops and the sky was pink and purple looking so gorgeous we stopped to make camp.
   First he had me go with him and gather sticks that was along the dirt path, and then he bent down to start making a fire and that was when I saw my move. He was bent down his back towards me as he coaxed the Sparks to light on the sticks.
   I quietly slipped off my heels so I could run easier and then lifting up the skirt of my gown I ran like mad.
   "Hey!" He yelled as he saw me take off, he jumped to his feet and ran after me.
   I could hear the sound of his footsteps as he was catching up to me, I tried to run faster, but then I felt his hands wrap around my waist and I let out a scream as he fell on top of me pinning me to the ground.
   He gasped for breath and looked down at me, "Where do you think you're going?"
  I kicked and tried wiggling myself out from under him but it was no use, "get off me!" I glared at him.
   He smiled, "I could lay here all night, besides I thought princesses kept their word, and you promised not to run."
    I pushed at him trying to get him off me, "I don't have to keep my promise to a kidnapper who kidnapped me from my home, NOW GET OFF!" I literally screamed at him.
    "Ahhh but the way I see it is that I didn't kidnapped you from your home, I more like rescued you from a dungeon."
    I stopped struggling to get him off, he had a point, I wasn't really in my home when he kidnapped me.
   He grinned at me again seeing that I knew it too, "So you're welcome, now do you promise not to run away from me again? Cuz if not I'm not afraid to fall asleep right here like this."
   My eyes widened, he wasn't serious?! I sighed, "Fine! I won't run again, I promise."
   He stood to his feet and pulled me up with him, "I'm going build the fire now so we don't freeze tonight, and you're going to stand over here beside me like a good little princess."
   Brushing off my gown I followed him back to the spot where I ran off. I watched him start the fire, and when it was flaming he turned from his work and pulled some beef jerky from his burlap. He handed me some and then took a bite himself.
    "Thank you." I said and then sat beside the fire to eat while he sat on the other side of our fire. Compare to the oatmeal I was fed in prison this hard jerky was heaven, even though it wasn't a lot to fill up on. I assume he had to make sure we had enough food to get us to the destination, which gave me another puzzling question I had, "Ummm kidnapper?" I asked feeling a little awkward because I didn't even know his name and kidnapper didn't sound nice.
    Light from the fire danced on his young face, "Yes?"
   "What.... What are you going to do with me?"
   He looked over at me taking in my gown which now was getting pretty dirty and my scared face. He shook his head and then looking into my eyes with his dark brown ones said, "I'm not going to do anything with you, your highness." Then he looked away.
   I frowned puzzled, "Then why did you kidnapped me??"
   He looked back at me, "I'm taking you to someone."
   "Who?"
   "People call him the Great Wizard."