goodbye, see you soon

Y/n pov:

with just one simple word, my whole life changed. Ruel had left. The next 4 months were gonna be tough, and I knew that. He did too. But that's just the life of a star. A Star, that's what he is, truly.

-airport-

y/n: toothbrush? Shoes? Clean underwear?
Ruel: yes mother. I'll be back in a bit, stop stressing
Kate: Ruel, our flight's boarding

Ralph and Kate had a moment together, before she came over to me.

Kate: you listen darling, you call me whenever you want. Okay?
y/n: okay

She hugged me and gave me a kiss on the cheek before saying one last goodbye to everyone.

Ruel pov:

I had said goodbye to everyone, everyone except y/n. These goodbye's were always tough, I never really knew what to say to her.

Ruel: so uh-

I was stopped in my tracks, being engulfed by a massive hug. This was her way of saying she's hurting.

Ruel: I gotta go
Y/n: just wait a little bit

She half mumbled into my stomach. I can not exaggerate our height distance enough.

Ruel: okay, now I really have to go

I grabbed her chin, making her look me in the eyes. I hated leaving her, but I wanted to perform, and it was just the way it had to be. Her eyes had started glassing over

Ruel: don't, your gonna make me cry

She chuckled

y/n: I can't help it, I'm just so proud
Nate: sorry to interrupt guys, but we need to be on the plane
Ruel: just a sec Nate

Nate walked away and I pulled her into another hug. The last time I was gonna hold her for 2 months. America was a long way from here, & we were both gonna struggle.

Ruel: I love you, you know that right?
y/n: yes dumb ass, I love you too

She pulled away from the hug and playfully slapped my arm. Low-key kinda hurt, but I wouldn't tell her. I kissed her on the forehead

Ruel: alright then, goodby-
y/n: no goodbyes, see you soon
Ruel: yeah. Uh- see you soon

Y/n pov:

He smiled, turned around and started walking towards the gate. Something took over my body and I run after him. To my surprise he had already turned around. He dropped his bags, and grabbed me.

y/n: I just needed one more hug
Ruel: me too Blaze, me too

The last time I would be in his arms for 2 months. A tear fell out of my eye and down my face. We pulled away, and he wiped the tear with his thumb

The half happy, half sad smile he gave, sent a shiver down my spine. Once he was our of site, my knees gave in and I fell to the ground. I couldn't stop myself from crying.

And just like that. We watched the plane door close and Ruel & his crew leave.

-car-

We had all come up in one car. Coco, Sylvie, Ralph, Kate, Ruel Jax and myslef. 7 seater car, now only with 5 in it. The boot seat felt empty without Ruel's lanky legs over my knees.

The whole drive home I had to try and keep myself together, doing anything i could to stop from breaking down.

-home-

When we finally got home, everyone was out of the car, said goodnight and headed into our own houses. My house, empty. Mum and dad were at work, Keiran at his girlfriends house, and Jax was dropped off at work. I hated being alone at night. The house was safe, but I just hated it. Too quiet

I went into the kitchen, took a bag of chips, chocolate, ice cream and ice tea out onto the bench. I stood and looked at myself in the hallway mirror, then turned to the fridge...

Ruel pov:

20 minutes into the flight and I know exactly what y/n was doing. She's probably standing in the kitchen, all alone, wishing I wasn't gone. Believe me, I wish I wasn't gone either. She needed me right now, but I couldn't back down from this tour. It was all I wanted to do.

Y/n pov:

right there on the fridge, was a photo of Ruel and I on our first day of highschool. We were so young and innocent back then. I missed the old Ruel, the guy that had time.

I grabbed all my snacks and walked up the stairs to my room. I got into bed, cuddling up with all my pillows and blankets to fill the empty side of my bed. For hours I binged The Vampire Diaries for the 8 millionth time, just to distract myself.

The sun started to rise and Kozz got home, bashing around the house, probably pissed as a cricket. He managed to stumble his way up the stairs and open my door

Keiran: no Ruel last night?
y/n: we dropped him at the airport last night idiot. He left for tour
Keiran: oh. Right. How you holdin up?
y/n: I feel like shit and I haven't got any sleep. You doing alright?
Keiran: Cassidy broke up with me because I'm "too careless"
y/n: she's a bitch anyway
Keiran: can I shower and come finish off your food
y/n: yeah sure

He smiled and stared to walk out down the hallway, knocking over a vase on the way. He showered, I could tell by the sound of him sobbing through the walls. Our walls are hard to hear through, so I could tell he was pretty upset.

When he was dry and dressed he half crawled into my bed, filling Ruel's side of the bed completely. I loved Keiran, but that was Ruel's side. I wasn't gonna kick him out though. He rolled over to face me...

Keiran: were gonna have a lot of days like this now, aren't we? 
y/n: I think so

(I am finally finished this story! It's been an effort, it's not the best story goin around but it's alright. I am so thankful for all your support on this story, it means a lot to me. So thank you, thank you, thank you. Keep an eye out for another story, hopefully getting started in the next week or so. But, school starts back tomorrow so I'm not gonna have a heap of time for writing, I'm gonna try and pre write so it's there I just need to post it. I love you all! xxx)