(1): vanilla sundaes

[song for chapter: Vanilla Sundae-Emily Burns ft Olivia Nelson]
•••
|| July 19th 2023||
•••
Alana's POV:
The warm salty ocean air blows by me as I hold onto Yumi as she's dangling her feet over the railing,we're at the beach.
Particularly we are at the pier,Jungkook rented a private pier for us today.
It's the first day of summer so we decided spend the day alone as a family here.
He's barbecuing some meat on a grill the pier has and my mouth waters when the aroma of the meat cooking fills my senses.
He notices me lost in the trance of food.
It felt like a food coma I leaped into but it was impossible since I hadn't even ate a single crumble of food yet.
Yumi sucks on her thumb and leans her back into my arms which catches her safely.
"Let's go sit down" I tell her and she nods.
I pick her up in my arms and bring her juice bottle with me.
We sit down at the picnic style table,my legs crossed with a bright smile on my face when my husband of now 3 years waltzes up to me smiling with a plate full of meat on it.
He places it gently on the table careful not to break the expensive china plate that my mom bought us as a wedding gift,he rarely uses this plate but today he felt like bringing it out.
It's a special day,on this day June 20th 2014.
I met Jungkook and the boys for the first time,I was shy at first because since I never had any friends here in this new country.
Now years later,we are married and have a beautiful 3 year old daughter who's happily dancing in her seat as she sees her father serve her some meat on her little plate.
He gives her some bread and she puts the meat in the bread,she then folds it and bites into it.
Fate,it never fails to amaze me everyday.
I look at Jungkook and he smiles at me.
"Do I have something on my lip?" He asks me winking and I giggle.
"No,can't a girl stare at her drop dead handsome husband forever?" I ask him smirking and he grabs my hand.
"Forever." He says and kisses my hand.
After eating our yummy meal,Jungkook helps us walk down the steep steps and we make our way to the sandy beach.
I slip off my sandals since they're pretty much useless at this point.
Jungkook retrieves them and places them at the steps so we can remember where they're at.
I take off Yumi's little sandals and we tip toe closer to the water.
A wave crashes against a large rock that's in the water and caused it to splash us in the process.
Yumi and I squealed,while I liked the feeling of cold saltwater being splashed against my hot skin.
Yumi was not too happy,she bursts into tears and frantically tries to climb up my leg.
I pick her up and I comfort her.
"Mommy. Water's scary" she sniffles unable to speak properly as she shivers.
"It's okay princess go with appa " I say and Jungkook motions her over.
She goes into Jungkook arms while I dip my feet further in the water.
I throw my arms up in the air,this is the most freeing moment I've been in.
Don't get me wrong,I adore being a mother.
Especially Yumi's mother,but it's been tiring trying to raise a once unruly toddler to now she's soon going to preschool and I would be lying if I said I was feeling okay inside.
My baby's growing up way too fast,it feels like yesterday that she was born and bought to me to hold in my arms.
I wanted to protect her from everything but I'm afraid of the world out there,obviously she's not going to be exposed to that scary world yet not until at least middle school but a motherly instinct stirs my nerves up worse.
Jungkook has no idea what I've been going through,he's been highly stressed with touring and practicing.
It seems only home and the studio are his way of escape.
I've also been suffering from my own form of a existential crisis.
Obviously I'm Alana.
Jungkook's wife,Yumi's mother and after dropping out college I went back in and graduated this past April with a Bachelors of Fine Arts.
Mainly because my dream since young was to be a singer,that dream was shut down after my father's sudden passing.
He used to take me to singing classes,dance classes and would convince my mom to let me participate in broadway shows in my school when I was very young.
When he died it felt like a light that once was there left and it has since returned the second Yumi was born.
She brought light back into my life,but it's complicated since Idol companies usually want young fit women with no children or spouses to be placed in a idol group.
My story isn't to be placed in a idol group,so I have no idea what to do at this moment.
While I'm taking in the moment of peace as the ocean water wets my upper thigh.
Luckily I held my sundress up so it wouldn't get wet.
Jungkook wolf whistles at me.
I blush and turn around until I see he has a huge vanilla sundae in one hand and Yumi's chubby small hand in the other hand.
I smile and run over.
We sit back down at the same picnic table upstairs,he leaves me to get spoons.
I sit Yumi on my lap as we both grow impatient to eat this appetizing sundae that sits in front of us.
Before we could dare to pop off one of the cherries,he runs over with 3 colorful spoons.
We start digging in and as we're eating I look up at him.
"How did you get this?" I ask him and he smiles.
"Ice cream vendor down that way" he says and takes another spoonful of sundae into his mouth.
I look where he pointed at and see a small vendor on wheels,a elderly man with a young boy helping him making ice cream.
I smile and grab his hand.
"Babe you have ice cream on your chin" I say and he cleans it off.
"Wait.." I trail off and he raises a eyebrow at me.
"What's wrong?" He asks me and I take some ice cream with my finger.
I place some of the ice cream on the corner of lip.
"There's some there also." I say and lean in.
I kiss the corner of his lip and at the same time lick it off.
He smirks and grabs some of his ice cream,he placed some on my lips.
Coating them in the sweet sticky frozen confection.
I smirk and he leans in.
He kisses me and pulls away from my lips.
Yumi's too lost in eating that she doesn't realize her parents (me and Jungkook hehe) flirting back and forth with each other.
To say we've been dying to get our hands on each other alone,is definitely what you could say about our behavior towards each other lately.
Flirty glances,suggestive cuddles and dirty jokes have become a apart of our body language towards each other.
That's only because we haven't had a proper date night in a long time so we've been craving alone time.
We're hoping this weekend that the boys take Yumi and we'll have some alone time finally..
We clean up and get ready for the drive home.
I carry Yumi in my arms and she falls asleep in a instant.
As we drive home,I keep glancing over at Jungkook but in a flirty way.
I also keep messing with him by unbuttoning one or two of his shirt buttons,running my hand over his thigh or messing with his hair.
He knows what's on my mind and depending if Yumi's still asleep when we get home,that will only determine the fate of our lust filled night.
Usually it never happens but it's fun teasing him anyway,I look out the window.
I roll down the window and let the warm breeze blow past my face.
I'm cherishing this summer because starting September,Yumi starts her first dat at preschool and Jungkook returns back to work.
So I'm cherishing this summer to the fullest...
••••
✧・゚:* ( ꈍ✿)*:・゚✧*
••••
・゚: *・゚:*    *:・゚*:・゚
•••••
#chrissynation💕🧸
I love you guys so much,thank you for the endless support on this writing journey of mines.
•••••••
Tagged Favs;
loversisland-
magicaleto
LuhSluts
bbygirlluh
JordanJohnsonTate
Leighamg
mimendess
KaileySkwarek
-sextingswazz
Ellaphillipsx0x0
FellowLeafs
oh_its_sarah
Queen_tay_espinosa
ddluvladybug
SkateMagcon
freshleebabexo
itsluhbitch_
JackJohnsonsbabygirl
Itz_Mami
graceazalea3
bigdaddyjoon
BRATZJOON
Peace & Love💙
-Reina🦋🧡🧿👩🏽‍🦱