(14): new baby

[song for chapter: MORAL OF THE STORY-ASHE]
|| December 10th 2023 ||
•••
it's a cold day in Seoul.
Here I sat with my head leaned against Jungkook's, his arm snugly wrapped around my waist.
We're waiting for news about Ashley,she broke water last night.
But we found out the baby is in a risky situation with only a limited amount of air left to breathe and the baby's umbilical cord was wrapped around her tiny little neck so they rushed her into the ICU.
They're doing a emergency c-section and RM's inside while we're outside with all the kids including Yumi who's dragging herself around the playroom we're placed in as she's so sleepy and I didn't let her nap knowing she would stay up all day after that.
It all happened too fast,we haven't been notified about Ashley's condition in hours.
How long does a emergency c-section take anyway?
"GUYS SHE'S NOW UNDER MEDS AND THE SURGERY WILL BEGIN IN 20 MINUTES! The doctor was out of town and he's the only one who can do this. Baby still has air but about 30% fingers crossed okay?"
J-HOPE who is godfather to the baby runs out saying crying but I'm not sure if it's tears of joy,fear or a mix of both.
We do a silent prayer while the surgery goes on.
My stomach twists and turns as the baby that grows inside me can even feel how horrible it must be for Ashley,all drugged up to be cut open and have her baby pulled out of her.
Having kids isn't easy everyone.
Wear protection at all costs.
I rub my bump.
"I love you baby." I say and Jungkook sits me down so I don't stand too much.
"I'll get us some food." He says
"I'm not hungry." I say frowning as I feel genuinely worried for her.
This is the same girl who gets a semi-permanent painless and needle-less tattoos done of her kids names by a artist every two months or when it starts fading because she couldn't handle the pain of actual tattoos and needles.
Our worries become alleviated when we hear a sudden loud burst of cries,we run to the locked and blacked out door.
To see a baby crying.
"Babygirl is here mommy and daddy" I hear a man say and the cries continue.
I start crying tears of joy and Jungkook takes me back to sitting down.
He grabs both of my hands.
"Listen if god forbid you had to go through that. I'll be there and I'll watch it with brave eyes" he says
"You say that now but you'd probably faint from all the blood" I say and he shows me his multiple tattoos.
"Never." He says smiling and leans in closer to me.
"You always worry about others and me what about you?" He asks me
"I do care about myself,I do worry about myself,like right now I'm worrying about this baby in my body as we speak" I say and he wipes my tears away from my face.
"Pretty girls can cry,but there's a reason why I have a shoulder come here" he says and hugs me tightly.
I lay my head on his shoulder and sniffle.
"Atta girl relax..you got me,Yumi,the boys,Ashley-"
"Guys! Ashley's in recovery she'll be in her room after a few hours with her nurse. She's going to be in loads of pain when she wakes up,baby M. She's getting cleaned up" RM says smiling brightly.
"What is baby M's name?" I ask him and he smiles at me.
"Her full name is Mila Jada Kim." He says proudly and then tears up for the first time in a long time.
"She's so precious,I wanna protect her,Melody,Malakai and Mingyu for the rest of my life. I try my best raising them but Ashley deserves all the credit for raising 3 kids and made it look easy. I regret not taking the time to help her with the twins when they were born,but now that we have off time. I can truly take time and connect with not only the baby but my wife again." He says running his hands through his hair.
"Careful that's how we got Mila" I say jokingly and he laughs sarcastically.
"No I'm being for real everyday I learn something new about her and it's scary because I feel like then I never truly knew her when we started this journey of ours. I love how complex she is,I love how she lights up every room she walks into,I love how she takes a bad moment and makes it a great one in a instant. She's a human ball of sunshine. She's the rainbow at the end of a stormy day. She completes me,she makes me whole,she....s-she's my everything." He says and Jungkook walks up to him.
"Hyung-I felt like that since I saw Lana. It's true love that's all it is. I'm sure we all are going through it or going to go through it anytime soon. I just hope we all eventually feel both a love of not only a wife but a child as well. Those kids show the side of RM that no one knows,that side is Namjoon Kim. The boy who truly never changed inside and is the kindest,smartest and thoughtful man we all ever met. We are all extremely blessed to have you as our friend,our co-godfather for Yumi and our leader!" Jungkook says and everyone nods in agreement.
I noticed how when Jungkook mentioned love of a child,Suga and Kimberly suddenly got awkward.
She moved away from him to grab some coffee to drink and left him there with his head down.
I walk to the Starbucks cafe that's located in the hospital,mainly for nurses and doctors who have to stay here for weeks and weeks.
Never going home to their actual families.
I see Kimberly cleaning her thick rimmed glasses,the usual ones she wears.
Her natural hair she styled in box braids.
She sat there looking down sipping occasionally her latte.
I go up to her after examining her from afar.
"Hey Kim! Do u mind me sitting with you?" I ask her and she picks up her bag from the chair across from her.
"No no sit." She says and I sit down.
"Hello welcome to Starbucks what can I get you?" The barista says
"Hi I'd like a double chocolaty chip crème Frappuccino with a vanilla biscotti please" I say shooting a smile at the cute barista guy serving us.
"Why yes of course,must I say I have to say it actually...you're glowing and you look so beautiful oh gosh I'm blushing just looking at you. ALXNA is here in the flesh at the Starbucks I work at and I'm so flushed I'm so sorry! I'll get your stuff ASAP" he rambles on and clumsily falls by mistake before getting up and sprinting towards the back to handle the orders.
"What's up with you and Yoongi are you guys okay?" I ask her diving straight into the question rather than skirting around it.
Her face changes and I catch it.
"I wanted to have a baby right now,he's not up for it. I told him I'm not going to be this young forever the longer we take the harder it'll be for me to get pregnant" she says tearing up and turning her face so I don't see it.
I grab her face and have her face me.
I grab both of her hands.
"Kimberly Rose Brown. you're a extremely amazing woman and you'd be a amazing mother one day. Yoongi's still in that I wanna have fun stage of life. Haven't you asked him about why he doesn't?" I ask her as I munch on the stuff I ordered.
"He makes all these excuses about we're still so young and we can travel the world happily right now. I feel like the day I hoped to be a mother isn't happening anytime soon. We don't even get intimate that much,the last time we did..it was Halloween I believe. Yup it was,that was because we all sent our kids away to the parents remember?" She says and I nod.
Remembering how me and Jungkook trashed the house for the first time having the times of our lives.
We practically spent our Halloween weekend walking naked around the house and it wasn't wrong or shameful to do at all.
"Give him a little more time...I'm sure he'll open up on why he's so hesitant for it." I say and she nods.
"I needed this. I only speak to you,Ashley,sometimes Valentina and Yoongi. I'm never comfortable talking to the boys" she says giggling and we both laugh remembering the last time we listened to advice from them.
"Ashley's recovering in her room and she wants to see Alana!" Yoongi shouts and freezes when he sees me and Kimberly.
"I'm coming." I say and I get up from my chair.
"Good luck" I whisper in Kimberly's ear and walk away.
-YOONGI'S POV:-
How do I tell my wife I'm still unsure about having kids,whenever we speak now it's about kids.
It's always kids with her.
I get it she came from a family where there's many kids,but I never felt the desire for it.
It's not my fault and it's not her fault either.
But the fact she takes out some stuff in my face like the lack of intimacy we have,it's a result of me staying up late nights working on music.
She eventually knocks out and I don't want to disturb her so I fall asleep next to her.
"Yoongi. SIT." She says sternly
I sit down with my head down.
Of course I feel guilty that she married me,a man who isn't ready for kids but she wants at least one so badly.
"I want a baby. You don't-"
"It's complicated" I say cutting her off.
"I was talking Yoongi where's your manners?" She asks me and I lean back.
"I have manners my dear wifey,you see..you talk about this topic every single day,every hour. Just give up on it okay? I'm not someone to be a father so why are you FORCING ME TO BE ONE?" I blurt out but I never meant it what I said.
It's until the words come out that I realize what I said and her eyes of shock realize what I've done.
She gets up quietly and grabs her purse.
"Kim...baby. I didn't mean-"
"Don't fucking talk to me! You meant it! It was in your head that's why you just said it like that! I NEVER FORCED YOU! I just wanted to know why you're denying me,US!! of a baby! a baby that would carry your last name! A baby who would look up to you! why???" She says getting emotional.
I grab her wrist lightly
"Baby it was a jerk move okay? You've never-"
"Done anything wrong yet just because I want a baby you think I'M FORCING YOU! DID I FORCE YOU TO MARRY ME? No! Right?..I'm going home." She says and moves away from me.
"Kim...KIM..KIMBERLY ROSE!" I yell and she turns around.
"I LOVE YOU AND I JUST WANT US TO CONTINUE BEING ABLE TO LOVE EACH OTHER" I say
"No baby could ever change that Yoongi,my biological clock is ticking! My mother had me in a high risk pregnancy at 40! I don't want that! but of course it's always about you and what you want!" She says and that's when it hit me.
When we I looked at things I wanted,I never truly included her or wondered about her.
It made me feel shitty inside hearing that come out of her mouth,what made it worse was it's true.
100% of it.
no wonder she wants to have a baby now,she's 25! She's only 15 years away from getting there to the age her mother had her and she's scared.
I should've listened to her and asked her questions.
Instead I assumed things and look at us.
Fighting loudly in a hospital all because she wants a baby and I'm a asshole who doesn't seem to make up his mind about it.
I walk away and walk out of the hospital.
I have the car keys so no matter what we're driving home together,even if it's dead silence..
How did it all come to this...

Tagged Favs:
loversisland-
magicaleto
LuhSluts
bbygirlluh
JordanJohnsonTate
Leighamg
mimendess
KaileySkwarek
-sextingswazz
Ellaphillipsx0x0
FellowLeafs
oh_its_sarah
Queen_tay_espinosa
ddluvladybug
SkateMagcon
freshleebabexo
itsluhbitch_
JackJohnsonsbabygirl
Itz_Mami
graceazalea3
bigdaddyjoon
BRATZJOON

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
#chrissynation 🤍
thank you guys so much for all the love and support on my writing journey!
I love you all🤍🦋
PEACE AND LOVE ALWAYS✨✨
-REINA🦂🧿✨
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧