(17): kiss me in the rain

[song for chapter: Can't Take My Eyes Off You-Frankie Valli]
| listen to the audio above with headphones for full effect |
|| December 31st 2023 ||
•••
Alana's POV:
The final day of the year.
365 days.
No I don't mean the movie,I mean the amount of days that have passed by this year.
We were supposed to brave the cold yet again and go to the beach we all usually hang out at but the weather was not on our side.
It's been raining heavily and the skies rumble every minute.
I sit inside of the house in one of Jungkook's shirts with panties underneath.
Jungkook sees me looking out the window,he decides to startle me by tickling my sides.
I scream and Yumi runs over to my aid.
But in the process falls on the ground,we wait for possibly a cry or something but instead we burst out laughing hearing her..
"I'm coming mommy! I'M COMING-" *thud*
"Yumi are you okay baby?" I ask her
"I'm fine!..SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT" she says loudly and I look at Jungkook.
"I didn't say that around her so don't look at me" he says
"I didn't say it either" I say laughing.
"Yumi come over here." I add and she comes to me.
"ok Yumi I'm going to kiss your boo-boo okay?" I tell her and she nods.
I kiss it lightly and she groans.
"Fuckkkkkkkkk" she says loudly and Jungkook clears his throat.
"Umi don't say stuff like that!" He says to her and she pouts.
"But I heard mommy say it last night." She says and I turn red but then my eyes are filled with terror.
"She heard us..oh god." I say hiding my face in embarrassment.
"Well we were wrestling and daddy hurt mommy by accident" he says and she looks at me.
"Mommy are you okay let me see your boo-boo!" She says searching my body.
"No no Yumi I'm fine now don't worry! Just don't repeat what me and daddy say okay? You're still a baby so you can't say that!" I say and she nods pouting.
How embarrassing...oh my god...
-later on-
it's 9:30pm and still raining.
Jungkook turned the tv on and me and Yumi sit down watching tv with him.
After a while Yumi's eyes start to drift off and before we both know it,she's passed out on my lap.
As she's snoring soft and lowly,I carry her up the stairs to her room.
I tuck her in and she's so passed out,she doesn't wake up when the warmth from my body separates from her.
I walk downstairs and cuddle next to Jungkook.
He's growing out his hair again,he's in that phase again.
I mess with it,I secretly love it when he grows his hair long but I don't want to gas his head up more than it is already.
He feels my presence so his strong arm wraps itself around my waist.
I hold onto it,never wanting to leave it.
The warm embrace,that always made me feel safe.
Lightning crackles through the skies,the loud rumble could've easily woken Yumi up but at last she's so passed out from exhaustion that she's still asleep.
Me on the other hand,I always hated lightning.
I loved rain,but lightning scared me as a kid.
I jump slightly and Jungkook noticed the movement.
"Is my precious wifey scared of lightning?" He asks but I look up to see him with a teasing smirk on his face.
"I mean...we could die if we get struck by it so why should I not be scared of it?" I say while I mentally slap myself for even saying anything.
Knowing Jungkook,he's the daredevil while I'm the more scaredy cat for things that may sound dangerous.
I think it's logical though in my head.
He nearly busted his skull open on one vacation during bungee jumping in Thailand but yet it was the most exhilarating moments in his life.
Yeah nothing says excitement,like swinging by one leg on a rope string that could snap at any given moment.
Anyway...that's just my way of thinking.
He waits and noticed the thundering has stopped but the rain hasn't.
He pulls me off the couch and drags me outside in my rubber slippers.
"Jungkook stop we're gonna die out here!" I say and he pulls me to his chest.
"At least we'll die together in each other's arms" he says and then plants a soft kiss on my lips.
That alone sent sparks through my body,signaling me to urge him to continue.
But again my fears prevent me from saying anything.
He catches me staring at his lips.
"Want more?" He asks me almost like he read my mind.
I nod and he leans in to kiss me.
When thunder comes out of nowhere and I scream.
I clutch onto his shoulders and leap into his arms.
He holds me tightly around his waist and pushes some of my now wet hair out of my face.
"Don't be afraid I'm here." He says and i hold onto him for dear life.
he carries me to the front door.
"If you choose to go inside I'll let you,but I gotta feel this rain okay?" He says
"Why? You'll catch pneumonia quickly" I say and he laughs.
"You always jump to the worse situations just relax for once please?" He says
"Easy for you to say when you're not the one pregnant" I lashed out and that came out from what might've been a suppressed mood swing.
All I know is that he looked at me and nodded silently,he then put me down and walked back out into the rain allowing it to drench him.
Leaving me at the front door where no rain can hit me,I go inside and shiver at how cold it feels because of the AC pumping through the house.
I look out the window to see him twirling in circles in the rain as if he's dancing.
When it hit me,I never took risks with him.
I never rode the tallest roller coasters with him because of my fears,I never enjoyed the thrills he did alone.
He just wants me to enjoy one moment where we both could feel alive and I lashed out.
suddenly guilt hit my chest and I walk outside in my long sleeved pj shirt and matching shorts.
Jungkook sees me and waves smiling like a idiot.
I shake my head,the things I do for this man.
I walk outside and my damp hair gets drenched again by the rain as I walk up to him.
He sees me and gasps.
"Baby you don't gotta-"
I kiss him softly and he wraps his arms around my waist.
"just kiss me in the rain." I say and he grabs my face.
We passionately kiss while rain pours down on us.
-later on in the night-
we're all showered up and in new pjs.
We're eating popcorn and some leftovers while we wait for countdown,Jungkook pours himself a glass of champagne and gives me a glass of sparkling cider.
"3...."
"2..."
"1.."
"HAPPY NEW YEAR!"
Me and Jungkook kiss as the new year rings in,as cliché as it sounds we kissed our way into the new year.
While everyone goes crazy and the tv shows the other countries celebrating as well.
I see America and I start feeling homesick for some odd reason,the country I left at 14 is calling me now?
I shrug it off and take a sip of my cider.
Jungkook lays his head on my shoulder already tipsy from just one glass he finished of champagne.
"We should move to California" he says
"Jungkook you're tipsy speak to me when you're sober" I say patting his head.
He looks at me and shuts the tv off when he sees me distracted by it.
"I'm serious,the boys and I are thinking of moving to California. the goal is to get to move to New York eventually but first we wanna start out first in California. What do you think?" He asks me.
"My mom is thinking of relocating to Seoul and you want to move to America,the irony is crazy." I say.
"You don't want to?" He asks me.
"It's just...what's wrong with Seoul? what's wrong with our house?" I ask him.
"Baby..you know we're eventually gonna move out of Seoul right?" He says
"No. I thought we would stay forever" I say pouting and he shakes his head.
"Kimberly's in her last year of working for BigHit before she goes on her own business venture and she's thinking of moving to Oakland with Yoongi." He says and I look at him with sad eyes.
"M-my Kimberly is leaving me." I say and he hugs me.
"Relax,it's not until maybe next year." He says
"Next year?! Jungkook the baby will be here by next year. Oh no.." I say and he grabs my hands.
"Do you trust me?" He asks me
"Yes and no" I say and he chuckles.
"Pick one only." He says
"Yes.." I say sighing.
"Then trust me with this,the kids will be great in America. plus I wanted the kids to experience it since we haven't taken Yumi yet." He says
"And I have no say in this right?" I say
"No no you do,it's just I'm letting you know." He says
"You and the boys planned all this secretly I hate y'all-" I say pushing him away from me while refusing to look at him.
He takes this as a challenge and pushes me on my back.
He climbs onto me and grabs my face.
"Look at me!!" He says whining and I roll my eyes staring at the ceiling.
He eventually wins when he grabs my chin and forces me to stare into his eyes.
"We want the best for our wives and kids. I promise you.." he says and I nod.
"Alright I'm trusting you,again so don't make me regret it." I say warningly and he smirks.
"Wanna go to our room?" He asks me wiggling his eyebrows.
"I'm tired from all the rain,can we rest and try in the morning. I'll even make breakfast in bed for you." I say giggling when he kisses my neck.
"I don't need breakfast,I just need you" he says and I smack his chest.
"I'm serious let's go rest please" I say and he nods.
He carries me upstairs and covers me up in the sheets.
He cuddles me into his arms and we fall asleep.
A fresh year awaits us...
••••
#chrissynation 🤍
I love you guys so much,thank you for all the love and support always.
peace and love always
-Reina🪐👑✨🍁🍂🤎🧿