01 l LEAVE

________________

L E A V E

(n.) to cause to remain as a trace or

aftereffect

_______________

One year ago

° ° °

"HEY LISA Fatter," a couple boys smirked as they walked past the blonde, hitting her shoulder and snickering. She ignored them and dragged her hoodie farther down to cover her face and tightened the straps of her backpack, increasing her pace.

After today, they're going to regret ever bullying her.

"Hey, babe!" the blonde couldn't help but smile a little at her best friend's voice, the gorgeous Jennie Kim.

Long, wavy brunette locks that she had dyed over the break fell in perfect careless waves around her slim shoulders. Her tan made her look more alive, and made those silver-blue eyes pop with a bat of those long lashes. Her jawline was on point, her nose perfect, her lips luscious. She wore a black sleeveless crop-top, her toned abs showing. Her tanned legs were bare thanks to the ripped cut-off shorts she wore.

Stunning was an understatement for the famous Jennie Kim.

Now their school of course had a dresscode. But no teacher ever really called Jennie Kim out. She was nice to everyone, excelled in her studies, her parents sponsored the school, and she never caused any trouble. Most of the time, they let her go with whatever she wore or chose to ignore it. Bias.

She smiled her pearly whites at Lisa, then moved to give her a hug that left Lisa wheezing for breath. She would have hugged her back just as hard, if it weren't for the boys' echoing taunts still in her mind. So instead, she managed a small, "Hi."

Jennie cocked a perfect eyebrow as she pulled back to look at her. "What's with the shy Lisa today?" She frowned, noticing the look of chagrin in her best friend's face. She cupped Lisa's chin in her hand and lifted her head to meet her eyes.

"You were bullied again." It was a statement and Lisa hung her head, not even denying it anymore. She was just so tired of hearing it all and she knew she should have been used to the insults by now. But every single time they teased her, she could feel some prick at her heart. It's smaller now, but it's still there. It's the same every day.

"It's no big deal," Lisa sighed. "Let's just go for lunch." She knew they were right. Her size and weight was unhealthy. She couldn't stop eating junk food and her body was now paying for it. If she kept this up, she'd die sooner. However, bullying her like this wasn't helping in anyway.

With a frown still marring her angel-like face, Jennie nodded and linked her arm with Lisa's, heading to the cafeteria. "I swear if they mess with you one more time..." Jennie grumbled and Lisa smiled, loving that her friend was so protective of her.

At the cafeteria, people stared as usual at the two unusual best friends. Lisa knew they all questioned their friendship, whether it was real or if Jennie was just using her for something. How could a girl like Jennie be friends with someone like Lisa? Their eyes stuck unto Jennie with envy and admiration of her beauty, and they clung to Lisa with malice and disgust.

Today is the last day. Lisa knew she just needed to endure all of this for a few more hours. She has done it for a decade, why not a few more rounds of the clock? I don't know how the hell I'm going to explain this to Jennie.

As they approached their table, the tall blonde gently nudged a petite asian girl and she looked up to enthusiastically say, "Hey Lisa!" then scooted to the side to make space for Lisa's seat. Or rather, seats. She needed two of them to fit.