20 l EPILOGUE

________

E P I L O G U E

(n.) the final scene of a play that comments on or summarizes the main action.

________

10 years later

"Jennie, my love, if you drop that you'll have to pay for it." Lisa giggled. Her green eyes twinkled with love at the sight of the brunette holding a baby.

"I've got the queen of Monaco as my wife. What are you talking about?" Jennie mocked shock and blew on the baby's stomach, making her giggle.

"Jennie Kim I don't care if you're the freaking queen herself if you drop my baby you are dead meat." Nayeon threatened. Her husband, a ruggedly handsome persian blacksmith, gently hugged her, smiling softly in her hair. Nayeon visibly calmed down immediately. He was her polar opposite and Lisa couldn't be happier for the petite woman. Everyone called Nayeon the "feisty small one" and her husband the "gentle giant". They were the cutest couple.

"And you'd both be broke as fudge if you thought you could just pay if you dropped my baby girl." Nayeon always tried not to curse in front of the baby.

Lisa laughed softly, "Oh, we wouldn't dream of hurting our goddaughter," she nudged herself closer to where her wife stood and let the newborn hold her finger. "What did you name her?"

Nayeon perked up suddenly, excitedly smacking her husband's arm. "Tell them, Leo!"

Leo softly groaned. "I wanted to name her something beautiful, like Adelaide or Emily after my mother. But the Little One threatened me."

Nayeon smiled through her teeth, secretly snaking her arm around her husband to pinch his side so hard he almost yelped. "Leo, honey, the name I gave is just as beautiful! And I would never hurt you," she grinned up at him. "Too much."

The big burly man sighed, "She named her Bean."

Jennie and Lisa whipped their heads around from the cooing baby.

"Bean?!"

"Yep!" Nayeon grinned, gently taking the baby from Jennie's arms and kissing her soft baby cheeks. "Bean Faris."

Leo pinched the bridge of his nose, "Oy."

"I was gonna name her after the two of my best friends," Nayeon smiled at the two. "But 'Jennie Bean Faris' or 'Lisa Bean Faris' didn't sound quite right."

Jennie and Lisa laughed. After ten years of being together, they've only grown to love each other more. Lisa was often stressed with the affairs she had to attend to with concern to her country, but Jennie never failed to lift her up. The brunette herself just graduated from university with a degree in architecture. She owned her own company, not wanting to take advantage of her wife's unimaginable wealth. Jennie worked to give houses to those who couldn't afford them, and the number of homeless people in their country had gone down quickly.

Lisa was a fantastic queen. She was kind, and always put her people first. She was constantly thinking of how to improve her country, and she listened intently to whatever criticism and guide that were offered to her. As the years went by, she grew in maturity and wisdom, in beauty and in grace, and Jennie fell for her every single day.

Their friends had also become successful. Nayeon was a medical doctor, Seulgi was a journalist, and Wonwoo had gone on to compete in the Olympics. They rarely saw Bambam, except during family gatherings. He never missed one. He and Lisa had grown closer, both cousins having lost their parents and betrayed by the one man they should have been able to trust the most. And so he took the family gatherings seriously, for her sake.

As for Rosé and Jisoo, they went back to the Academy, training more and more people their skills. They looked like they hadn't aged a day.

"Are you two planning to have kids anytime soon?" Nayeon questioned. "It's been ten years and the palace has been quite silent. Kids would fill up all that space wonderfully." She brought Bean close to her and kissed her small forehead.

It would fill up our hearts wonderfully too.

Jennie looked at Lisa, and she was smiling. Jennie was more than content with just having Lisa by her side, but recently she had been wanting to have a child to call her own.

"Lisa and I talked about it," Jennie conceded. "And we decided to go with adoption. There are so many orphans in the world, and we want to give hope and a home to one."

"Or two," Lisa giggled. "Or three."

Jennie rolled her eyes playfully and kissed her wife's nose.

"Oh, that's awesome!" Nayeon grinned. "I thought you were going to have Bambam be your sperm donor or something."

Jennie shook her head quickly. "Hell no. He's Lisa's cousin. Can you imagine how awkward it would be to have my ex-boyfriend's seed-"

"Let's go have dinner," Lisa announced, interrupting Jennie. She knew how triggered the brunette would get every time someone mentioned having Bambam as a surrogate father of their baby. She didn't exactly know why, since it didn't bother her that much, but if it bothered Jennie, then she was going to respect that. After all, she loved her more. "I made milady's favorite."

"Mac and cheese!" Jennie childishly rubbed her hands together. It was ridiculous how they were both in their late twenties but they still got excited about the little things that made them, them.

Their invited guests took their daughter back, and together they walked inside the palace to feast on the queen consort's favorite dish.

They weren't in the least bit perfect, but they tried, and for the next remaining years of their lives, it was enough.