18 l TREPIDATION

________

T R E P I D A T I O N

(n.) a feeling of fear or anxiety about something that may happen.

________

THEY WEREN'T allowed to leave the palace. They had no contact with anyone except each other, and Lisa was getting worried about her plan. It was all she could think about. She wanted it to work so badly, and hoped that the people would believe.

After what Bambam had said about his father, she didn't want to give up the throne so easily. Her parents died to protect it. So she was going to fight for it.

Knives and forks clinked against expensive plates as everyone ate. The head of the table was empty, as usual. Dante was always attending meetings in other countries and frankly, it made them all more relaxed. Even the guards were more lenient towards them. It seemed they were only uptight when their boss was around. Bambam himself was always gone, only coming back to the palace late at night and giving no explanation to anyone about his recent whereabouts. Tonight was one of those nights.

"What did you girls do today?" Mr. Kim cleared his throat, looking at his daughter.

"Dad, don't try to normalize the situation," Jennie rolled her eyes. "We're hostages. It may not feel like it, but in two days' time, we're either dead or back home. Most likely the former."

Lisa placed her hand on the beautiful brunette's lap, gently squeezing it to calm her. Jennie squeezed it back in silent apology.

"And who would not feel at home here?" Rosé said in her signature accent, albeit a bit loudly. Most likely for the benefits of the guards listening to the conversation. "This palace has everything."

Jennie smirked. "I should give you a full tour of our home next time. That is, if these stupid idiots let us go."

"Jennie," her mother scolded. "Our lifestyle is a privilege. And don't say such things."

Lisa smiled, laughing softly under her breath. Jennie had been on edge for the past two days, and it seemed the only time her mind was off their situation was if they were asleep.

"Sorry, Mom," Jennie apologized. "I'm just anxious, I guess."

"We all are," Jisoo said while slicing her steak. "Time does that to you."

"Speaking of time," Daemon Kim directed his attention to the two exotic lovers sitting across from him. Jennie rolled her eyes again, knowing her dad's tactics of ignoring the situation by trying small talk. "How long have you both been in the Academy for?"

As the conversation continued, Jennie silently ate. Lisa is quiet, she noted for the nth time in the past two days. After their mind-blowing sex that night, Lisa had been a bit aloof. Jennie worried she had taken things too far at such terrible timing, and constantly scolded herself for it. Lisa probably regretted it.

Suddenly, the hand on her thigh shifted. Jennie almost jolted in surprise, seeing as how the hand had moved higher. When it had reached the edge of her drawstring-shorts, it stopped, resting there. Jennie looked at Lisa. She was calmly eating like nothing was happening.

God, she's gorgeous. Jennie couldn't help the thought that popped in her mind. Lisa's jaw worked as she chewed, and her long eyelashes shadowed her cheeks when she looked down at her plate. Her rich, wavy blonde hair was tied up in a messy ponytail, revealing her neck and side features to Jennie's view.

Lisa must have felt her looking, because soon green eyes connected with blue ones. Jennie looked away quickly, suddenly finding her broccoli interesting. She didn't know why she was embarrassed to be caught staring after all they've done together, but it was probably because of her major crush on the princess beauty.