02 l SHOCK

________

S H O C K

(v.) a disturbance in the equilibrium or permanence of something

________

One year later

° ° °

"HEY SEXY," a voice whispered in the brunette's ear as she worked to get her locker open. The short brunette softly laughed, turning around to wrap her arms around the jock's neck.

"Sup, Bam," she said in a mock-deep voice and giggled, tiptoeing to kiss him on the cheek. "I've missed you all summer, you know."

"Not as much as I have you," Bambam pouted, his hands resting on the stunning brunette's shapely hips. "Thailand was a bore since I stayed at the hotel the entire time. I thought of you to keep me sane."

"Awwww," she replied, giving him an eskimo kiss, rubbing their noses. "You know what? I like you, Bambam."

"And I like you a lot, Jennie Kim," he replied as they gazed into each other's eyes.

A collective groan sounded around them and they rolled their eyes before pulling apart to address their friends.

"Get a room," Kang Seulgi pretended to vomit. Beside the athletic brunette, her twin brother nodded his head, grimacing.

"You guys, it's senior year!" Im Nayeon was the only one in their group who physically hadn't grown at all since their sophomore year. However, she was this little ball of sunshine, and she had a big heart to compensate for her lack of height. "We gotta live while we're in high school. If they want to have sex in public, let them."

"Good god, Nayeon," Jennie pinched the bridge of her nose and shut her eyes. "I really, really don't need that image." She too, fake-vomitted.

"I don't know babe," Bambam purred, pulling her against him. "It might not be so bad."

"Disgusting," Jennie shoved him away and he laughed.

"I'm kidding, babe," he threw his arm around her shoulder to guide her to her first class.

Jennie half-heartedly laughed with him, knowing deep inside she meant what she said; the thought of having sex with Bambam was disgusting. It wasn't because he's been with numerous other girls since freshman year, nor was it because she was afraid to. She was completely fine with kissing him, holding his hand and such, but the thought of being completely naked and pressed together made her unsettled.

For a brief moment, she thought of Lisa. Her beautiful green eyes, her soft, shy smile, her silky hair, stunning personality and intelligence. Jennie had always had a crush on Lisa, though she never let her know. Her soul was beautiful, and so when she left that day without a sign, Jennie's heart was crushed. It was like a part of her was ripped away and she had become unstable. And so she turned to other people for solitude.

"Oh, by the way, my parents and I went to the mall yesterday," Nayeon chirped. "And I saw this really hot girl that made me go gay for a full minute."

"A hot girl, huh?" Wonwoo snickered. "I thought you were the hottest?"

"Sweet, Wonwoo, real sweet," Nayeon patted his cheek. "Anyway she looked super familiar though, and mom said she goes to the same school as we do. You think she's a senior too? She looks old enough to be."

"Or," Seulgi cut in, wiggling her eyebrows. "She's a teacher. Ooh! A lesbian affair. Scandalous."

"I'm not a lesbian," Nayeon grumbled, crossing her arms in front of her chest and looking adorable instead of intimidating. "And just because I said she was hot doesn't automatically mean I'm into girls."