13 l CATHARSIS

__________

C A T H A R S I S

(n). The process of releasing, and thereby providing relief from strong or repressed emotions.
________

JENNIE LAY on her bed, looking at old youtube videos on her laptop and pondering about her relationship with Lisa. It's been three days since Jisoo had been hospitalized, three days since their last kiss. And for the past three days Rosé had rarely ever left their side. Since then the french woman had told them to just relax and let her do her job, just until Lisa could turn 18 in a week.

So relax, Jennie did. It was better than thinking about the impending threats and possible attacks they could face. She wouldn't think of that. Her dad had hired security outside and they had Rosé on the inside. Besides, it's been three days of quiet. And Jisoo was coming home today. Everything was looking up. Maybe everything else was behind them after all.

After watching her fifth video about dog rescues, Jennie sighed and shut off her laptop before rolling on her back and staring up at the ceiling. I can't let my parents know about what's going on between Lisa and I, she thought as she blew air out her mouth. They'd probably freak.

Due to their parents and Rosé being constantly around, both girls barely stayed close to each other, only truly touching when they were asleep on Jennie's bed. Rosé had said it was easier to guard them when they were together, and because they were paranoid of her suddenly barging in Jennie's room during the night, they never tried anything.

However, Jennie could practically feel their sexual tension. Doing nothing about it for the past three days only seemed to make it worse. She wondered if Lisa could feel it too.

"Honey?" her mom knocked on the door, poking her head in. "Oh. What are you doing?"

Jennie shrugged, not taking her eyes off her ceiling. "Was just watching some Youtube videos."

"Ah. Dog videos, I presume."

Jennie smiled, rolling over to lay on her stomach and facing her mom. "Yep. What's up?"

"Do you mind running down to the gym to call Lisa and Miss Park? It's lunchtime." Cateline checked her watch.

"Why didn't you just voice message the panel downstairs?" Jennie cocked a brow, internally thinking about how her mom was so behind with the technology.

"They're not responding," Cateline shrugged. "So go on. Do it the 'old-fashioned' way, you lazy bum." She winked then disappeared.

Jennie sighed. Her mother was right. She was lazy.

"Oh," her mom added, suddenly popping back in. "Nayeon and the twins are coming over later. They said they were worried about you."

"That's sweet of them," Jennie walked to the door. "God, I've missed them anyway." She truly did miss her friends. Ever since the shooting at their school, the only time they've ever talked was online and not in person since her parents didn't want them going out, for their own safety. So now it looks like the party was coming to them. If they started asking questions, Jennie had no idea how to think of a better lie than the fact that Lisa was a fucking princess and a french mob was after her life and quite possibly hers too. Life is great.

She bounded down the stairs, preferring the padded sound of her feet compared to the soft whirring of their glass elevator. She didn't like elevators.

As she neared their gym room, she heard grunts and paddings being hit. She softly nudged the frosted glass door open. Only to see two very attractive, very sweaty women in action.