Chapter 1

All my life I thought I was normal but now I know that I'm a high breed of some kind and I'm trapped in a stupid lab. Hi, the names Finn Lark Hunter.

Yeah, weird name I know but I guess my Mom liked it. I'm half demon which I just learned when I woke up in a science lab. "Can you turn this light off its really bright!" I yelled looking at a tall man in a white lab coat. "No can do kiddo we have to keep them on." The man looked at him, showing his brown hair and light hazel eyes. "Stupid.." I mumbled under my breath looking down at my feet. I had light blue eyes and white hair. Darn, I look like Jack Frost. "Why can't you turn it off?" I grabbed the bars reaching my short arm towards the light. Yes, I know I'm short but I'm only 4 '11 at 14 that's not that short.

Suddenly, the metal of the wall peeled like it was butter and my sister walked through and giggled. "Hi, Brother." I shivered at her weird demonic voice and she slipped through the bars of my cage. "Did they hurt you?" She tilted her head.

"No.."

"Good!" She turned and skipped through the bars and flew out of the hole in the wall, and the wall re-peeled as if nothing happened. I looked unsurprised. Wow yeah just leave me here to die I'll be fine... That was my dear sister, Violet. She is only 12 but scares the living daylights out of me sometimes. I love her though. Mom told me to protect her before she died a few years back.

Next Day...

A tall, muscular figure re-bent the tear in the wall and someone stepped through. Jason! He was here! And Millie! Jason is my best friend, and Millie is his sister. But where was Violet? She was here yesterday! My arm hair spiked with worry, and Millie melted the bars. Jason grabbed me and dragged me outside into the forest. "Is Violet with you?" I asked him, concern obviously edging my voice.

"I thought she came here?" Jason screwed up his face, confusion lingering in his eyes. "Then where the heck is she..?" I growled through sharp gritted teeth.

"Finn, calm down. I don't know where she is but she's strong so she'll be fine." He said, pressing his hand against my shoulder.

I opened my eyes, the dark eerie feeling of the forest surrounded me like mist. I heard a faint scream in the distance and rushed towards it. It sounded chillingly familiar. Violet was splayed on the ground, white blood pulsing from a wound through her abdomen. She looked at me with her faint white eyes and whimpered slightly. I shivered with anger and rushed towards the shadow-like beast a few yards away from her, screeching furiously. "WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY SISTER?!" The dream faded and I sat up quickly, panting and muttering. Jason looked up, watching the sweat drip slowly off my forehead. "Hey, you okay?" He whispered.

"N..No." I barely managed to even whisper. "What happened?" He scooted closer, carefully avoiding the warm fire. "I..I heard a scream far away in the woods, and then I saw Violet... She was dying... It was horrible." I shivered. Jason put an arm around me, rubbing my back. "Hey, it was just a dream. I'm sure she's safe. Now you need to go back to sleep."

Jason scooted back to his sleeping bag and rolled over onto his side, his back facing me. I just hope he's right. I closed my eyes, drifting into an uncomfortable sleep.

I yawned, standing up and stretching. I took off my pajama shirt and put on a long-sleeved sweater. I placed a black vest over it, with some black jeans. Hell yeah, I look like a gangster. Violet would have loved this outfit. I shook my head. She's still alive. I know it. Wait...

A quick realization washed over me, and I rushed out of my tent. "Jason! Jason! That dream I had... It wasn't a dream at all!" I gasped. "What do you mean? Of course, it was a dream." He shook his head. "No.. It didn't feel like a dream. It was too vivid... It was a vision!" I exclaimed. "How can that be?" He muttered, then looked at Millie with a questioning gaze. She shrugged, then returned to brushing her reddish-brown hair.

That Night...

I clutched my ears with my hands, not being able to stand Violet's soft whimpering. "H..Help me... Bubby..." The shrieking stopped and it looked like the life faded from her pale eyes. I whispered and crawled towards her, whimpering. "No...No!" I couldn't stand it anymore. I had to find her. The eerie forest faded from my view and I stood and marched out of the tent. Jason followed me, stumbling over the sleeping bags and pillows. "Where are you going? It's three in the morning." He grumbled. "I'm going to find what's hurting Violet." I looked back at him. "I'm going to find my sister."